Thread: Best Route To Nashville??

Default Best Route To Nashville??

I am heading up to Nashville Friday afternoon, and am looking for suggestions on routes other that 65N. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Don, I have attached a GPS route to Nashville that gets you off of I-65 at Blount Springs.

If you can not open, let me know.

B'ham to Nasville.gdb
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Don, if you are not in a big hurry, the Natchez Trace to TN Hwy 100 to Nashville is a good ride. You also can go US 231 to Fayettville, TN then US 431 to 31A to Naxhville. Going through Huntsville is a pain in the rear end because of heavy traffic. If you have a GPS, key in shortest distance and adjust the route if it takes you on I 65

Either way, you have as much as two hours more travel time.
    Last edited by R90srider; 08-26-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

That is a great route. I also like I-65 up to Exit 299 just below Cullman, down AL 69 about 15mi and right on Cty Rd 222 up to Crane Hill and left onto Cty Road 940. Straight across US 278 on Cty road 1114 and this will dead into AL 157 north of Cullman. This is a much longer way than going up 65 to 157 but it is worth the ride if you have the time. Lots of elevation changes as it borders Smith Lake..pretty country!

Once on 157 go North up to Town Creek and across the dam up to Lexington, AL and then on to Pulaski, TN. From there it is up US 31 for a nice ride into Nash-Vegas!

It will take longer to ride this one but it is a fun route through some really pretty country! So there you go. One route East of I-65 and one West of I-65..take your pick...or do what I suggest and ride one up...and the other one back!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks a bunch for the info, guys! I hope I get to ride and not drive, the weather isnt looking good right now. Great suggestions!

Well I did ride up to Nashville and back. I went up on 65 to go ahead and get there, but I came back Sat down 31 through Spring Hill, Pulaski on into Moulton. Great ride below Columbia where they have recently done a new black top. Thanks again for the advice. And yes, I can read your gps file, Martin, on my new Zumo 550!

Congrats Don! Glad you were able to make it. You will be pleased with the 550 for sure! Glad you enjoyed your ride!!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Don, glad you could read the file. I know you will enjoy the 550. MapSource software is a great tool to use with the gps for planning routes.
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16