Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K75/K100 Beemers Out There?

Default K75/K100 Flying Brick

How many current K75 or K100 owners are there in our group? I know a lot of you can answer any questions I may have on my "new" '92 K75 RT, but I was just curious who are current owners of the earlier "flying brick."
    Last edited by cpannarbor; 04-10-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    Chris Patterson
    MOA, MOAL, RA, AMA
    1992 K75 RT "Charley"
    2012 R1200 GS Adventure "Gustav"

With my recent issue leaving Nauvoo I learned the hard way that it was time for a new battery. As many of you know, the Fuel Injection module is mounted under the seat and above the battery. After much delicate effort trying to remove the FI connector without breaking something I followed Jill's advice and resorted to Google. One plastic pin is all that needs to be removed from the right side and you can push the module out from right to left! I didn't even have to remove the seat. Link is below.

http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/k-battery/index.shtml
    Chris Patterson
    MOA, MOAL, RA, AMA
    1992 K75 RT "Charley"
    2012 R1200 GS Adventure "Gustav"

I have a K100RT that unfortunately I have not had time to ride for a while and now will not start. I plan to drain all of the old gas out soon but do not know if I will have to pull the fuel injectors and clean them or what I may have to do to get the bike running again.

Quote Originally Posted by cpannarbor View Post
    With my recent issue leaving Nauvoo I learned the hard way that it was time for a new battery. As many of you know, the Fuel Injection module is mounted under the seat and above the battery. After much delicate effort trying to remove the FI connector without breaking something I followed Jill's advice and resorted to Google. One plastic pin is all that needs to be removed from the right side and you can push the module out from right to left! I didn't even have to remove the seat. Link is below.

http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/k-battery/index.shtml
    WOW, this post is now resurrected....lol. If you're still interested, I know, its only been 8 years, but we have a 1987 K75T and a 1995 K75S, as well as a 1998 K1200RS and a 2007 K1200GT
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

Bump

I'm interested to know if there are more K lovers here in Alabama
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by brianhinton View Post
    Bump

Hey Brian, No K bikes now but we had a few in the past. My first and the one I liked most was a black K75S that Don Drasheff traded in to Venture and I just had to have it. Bought a K75RT for Suzi but when we got in a road construction traffic jam in the summer it blistered the skin on her thighs. So she decided she liked an F650 better. Then had a 2000LT for 35k miles and a 2002LT for 85k miles. Loved the LTs but the new RTs are my choice now.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Bump

I have a 1989 K100RS....
    AND, have a question on replacement tires. After a lot of research this morning, I cannot find a matched set of radial tires, only bias-ply...do any radials work on my model?

Thanks jb
    John B
    "I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Current rides: 2017 BMW R1200RT

Radials work just fine, and handling really improves. Michelin makes Pilot Activ bias and they are very nice, a big improvement over any Metzeler. But, for radial tires, the Michelin Pilot Road, PR2, or PR3 tires will work nicely granted you get the right profile tire.
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

Radials work just fine, and handling really improves. Michelin makes Pilot Activ bias and they are very nice, a big improvement over any Metzeler. But, for radial tires, the Michelin Pilot Road, PR2, or PR3 tires will work nicely granted you get the right profile tire.
    Got it, Thanks Brian....see ya Saturday.
    jb
    John B
    "I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Current rides: 2017 BMW R1200RT

Great, looking forward to it
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS