Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tensaw River Delta

Default Tensaw River Delta

http://picasaweb.google.com/Hotel179...RiverDeltaRide

I wanted to share with everyone some of the photos that I took on my ride in the area of the Tensaw River Delta this afternoon. In taking a side-road, I discovered the North Delta Management Area and rode about 40 miles on improved dirt roads...great fun on the R1150R. It only takes a little twisting on the grin knob to get a pretty good slide going. The spring water at Red Creek was another little surprise. It's on 225 and I've driven past it for years without noticing.

See everyone at the Great Chicken Rally!
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

Great pictures Stephen. Just went across that area Saturday morning on the way to the Oasis. A little chilly at 06:30 in the morning, but a great ride.
    Tim

2012 G650GS BMW
    2012 Harley FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic CVO

Great pics, enjoyed the tour...
    Don G Norwood

2011 R1200GSA Radio Flyer III with DMC sidecar
    1975 R90/6 w/Velorex sidecar -Sold to a good home
    2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

Click here for more infomation FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER

"The Bike may have got us together, but the friendships will keep us together"

Great photos Stephen.

Thanks.

Bob
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Quote Originally Posted by Hotel179 View Post
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Hotel179...RiverDeltaRide

I wanted to share with everyone some of the photos that I took on my ride in the area of the Tensaw River Delta this afternoon. In taking a side-road, I discovered the North Delta Management Area and rode about 40 miles on improved dirt roads...great fun on the R1150R. It only takes a little twisting on the grin knob to get a pretty good slide going. The spring water at Red Creek was another little surprise. It's on 225 and I've driven past it for years without noticing.

See everyone at the Great Chicken Rally!
    Nice photos. Had an 1150R sold it. Was going to get a GS but got a XR...oh well. Great bike. I put a windshield on mine. It's waste of time. I put the Wunderlik sp high seat on it and liked it. Got 55mpg with the OD. Great MC.

Why is yours broken?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGilbert View Post
    Nice photos. Had an 1150R sold it. Was going to get a GS but got a XR...oh well. Great bike. I put a windshield on mine. It's waste of time. I put the Wunderlik sp high seat on it and liked it. Got 55mpg with the OD. Great MC.

Why is yours broken?
    Hey Tom. Suck it up, dump the XR and get a GS or I'd wager Gary will be on your backside until you do.

Bob
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Stephen, looks like a wonderful ride. How was the water at Red Hill Spring?
    Jamie
    02 K1200lt
    82 R100RT

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TomGilbert View Post

Why is yours broken?
    Hello Tom,

Mine is broken due to a collision with a Ford Pick-up Truck. I was broken, too. Now that the doctor has given me the go-ahead to run, jump and play I'll get another BMW.

The water at Red Hill Springs is very cold this time of year. It's always fresh and with the Creek Indian Wars behind us, you don't need a sentry to stand guard as you fill the Camel-back!
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

Steve,
    Too bad you didn't know about Tom bvasicaaly giving his 1150R away. I was tempted to by it myself, but I think the wife would have killed me if I had mentioned bring the 6th bike home. Thought he was going to get a GS and found him a good deal on one but he wimped out and got a XR. I must admit he really got a nice one with enough fuel range to go somewhere.

Gary
    Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Quote Originally Posted by R90Srider View Post
    Hey Tom. Suck it up, dump the XR and get a GS or I'd wager Gary will be on your backside until you do.

Bob

Coins Bob, Coins.