Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Tensaw River Delta

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pace, Florida
    Posts
    36

    Default Tensaw River Delta

    http://picasaweb.google.com/Hotel179...RiverDeltaRide

    I wanted to share with everyone some of the photos that I took on my ride in the area of the Tensaw River Delta this afternoon. In taking a side-road, I discovered the North Delta Management Area and rode about 40 miles on improved dirt roads...great fun on the R1150R. It only takes a little twisting on the grin knob to get a pretty good slide going. The spring water at Red Creek was another little surprise. It's on 225 and I've driven past it for years without noticing.

    See everyone at the Great Chicken Rally!
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Creola, AL
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Great pictures Stephen. Just went across that area Saturday morning on the way to the Oasis. A little chilly at 06:30 in the morning, but a great ride.
    Tim

    2012 G650GS BMW
    2012 Harley FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic CVO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Great pics, enjoyed the tour...
    Don G Norwood





    2011 R1200GSA Radio Flyer III with DMC sidecar
    1975 R90/6 w/Velorex sidecar -Sold to a good home
    2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

    Click here for more infomation FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER


    "The Bike may have got us together, but the friendships will keep us together"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Great photos Stephen.

    Thanks.

    Bob
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Elkmont
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotel179 View Post
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Hotel179...RiverDeltaRide

    I wanted to share with everyone some of the photos that I took on my ride in the area of the Tensaw River Delta this afternoon. In taking a side-road, I discovered the North Delta Management Area and rode about 40 miles on improved dirt roads...great fun on the R1150R. It only takes a little twisting on the grin knob to get a pretty good slide going. The spring water at Red Creek was another little surprise. It's on 225 and I've driven past it for years without noticing.

    See everyone at the Great Chicken Rally!
    Nice photos. Had an 1150R sold it. Was going to get a GS but got a XR...oh well. Great bike. I put a windshield on mine. It's waste of time. I put the Wunderlik sp high seat on it and liked it. Got 55mpg with the OD. Great MC.

    Why is yours broken?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGilbert View Post
    Nice photos. Had an 1150R sold it. Was going to get a GS but got a XR...oh well. Great bike. I put a windshield on mine. It's waste of time. I put the Wunderlik sp high seat on it and liked it. Got 55mpg with the OD. Great MC.

    Why is yours broken?
    Hey Tom. Suck it up, dump the XR and get a GS or I'd wager Gary will be on your backside until you do.

    Bob
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Stephen, looks like a wonderful ride. How was the water at Red Hill Spring?
    Jamie
    02 K1200lt
    82 R100RT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pace, Florida
    Posts
    36

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGilbert View Post
    Nice photos. Had an 1150R sold it. Was going to get a GS but got a XR...oh well. Great bike. I put a windshield on mine. It's waste of time. I put the Wunderlik sp high seat on it and liked it. Got 55mpg with the OD. Great MC.

    Why is yours broken?
    Hello Tom,

    Mine is broken due to a collision with a Ford Pick-up Truck. I was broken, too. Now that the doctor has given me the go-ahead to run, jump and play I'll get another BMW.

    The water at Red Hill Springs is very cold this time of year. It's always fresh and with the Creek Indian Wars behind us, you don't need a sentry to stand guard as you fill the Camel-back!
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    elkmont
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Steve,
    Too bad you didn't know about Tom bvasicaaly giving his 1150R away. I was tempted to by it myself, but I think the wife would have killed me if I had mentioned bring the 6th bike home. Thought he was going to get a GS and found him a good deal on one but he wimped out and got a XR. I must admit he really got a nice one with enough fuel range to go somewhere.

    Gary
    Charm and Mr. Congeniality

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Elkmont
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R90Srider View Post
    Hey Tom. Suck it up, dump the XR and get a GS or I'd wager Gary will be on your backside until you do.

    Bob

    Coins Bob, Coins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •