Thread: Oasis Truck Stop

Default Oasis Truck Stop

Will someone confirm that this Saturday meeting place is at the Oasis Truck Stop at Exit 53 also known as the Wilcox Road Exit on I-10 in Robertsdale, AL. This information used to be on the old website, but I don't see it anymore. Also what time do most meet for breakfast.
    Tim

2012 G650GS BMW
    2012 Harley FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic CVO

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    Will someone confirm that this Saturday meeting place is at the Oasis Truck Stop at Exit 53 also known as the Wilcox Road Exit on I-10 in Robertsdale, AL. This information used to be on the old website, but I don't see it anymore. Also what time do most meet for breakfast.
    Hello Tim and Fellow Beemers,

The Oasis is the Saturday morning place to be....It's a good group that gets together. The first riders usually arrive after 7:00 am, by 8:00 am everyone who is coming has had breakfast and is shooting the bull. Someone will get up to pay their bill and then wander outside to where the bikes are parked and before long we are all out there looking at someone's new farkle or new bike. The parking lot will be home to BMWs, Ducatis, Harleys, Hondas, and occasionally a Suzuki dirt bike (if Tommy is working on his Duc). There's always somewhere to ride if the weather is good.

I will not be there as the Marching Season is gearing up and I'll be on the practice field with the Foley High School Band.....let me rephrase....I'll be in the stands giving directions to the kids on the field as THEY march around.

I'll see you up there later,

Stephen
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

Quote Originally Posted by Hotel179 View Post
    Hello Tim and Fellow Beemers,

The Oasis is the Saturday morning place to be....It's a good group that gets together.

Stephen
    http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/gro...Alabama/photos

See if this link will get you to the photo section of the BMW Yahoo list:
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

Stephen,

Looking to meeting you at some point. If not this Saturday sometime in the future. I will plan to be there around 07:00 AM for breakfast.

Plan to check out the new windsheild on the R100RS this Saturday morning.
    Tim

2012 G650GS BMW

Default This Saturday June 2

Well I haven't ridden her in almost a year. She has just been setting there on a battery tender. The weather around here is suppose to break tomorrow. If so she will get some fresh gas and "Sweatness" is going to the Oasis Saturday morning. I need to circulate her fluids. For the uninformed "Sweatness" is a 1973 1/2 LWB R75/5. Hope to see you there.
    Tim

2012 G650GS BMW

Thumbs up Oasis!

hey!

Can someone give me more info regarding the Saturday meet up at the Oasis?? I finbally got back in BMW after many years and just picked up an airhead last weekend. Would be great to meet up with some other Beemer people in the local area.
    No Rules!! Just Ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmunsey View Post
    hey!

Can someone give me more info regarding the Saturday meet up at the Oasis?? I finbally got back in BMW after many years and just picked up an airhead last weekend. Would be great to meet up with some other Beemer people in the local area.
    Welcome back! This is Vance and I live near Birmingham but I have attended the Oasis meeting a couple times so here is what I know...To my knowledge it is an every Saturday morning event attended by a few to sometimes a bunch of folks on many different marques. One of our club members John Cockrell and his wife Glenda are regular attendees there and will be glad to introduce you to the group. I believe the start gathering around 8AM or so for breakfast and frequently head off for a ride afterwards. It is a good group!

If you haven't already done so, I would invite you to join our club and attend the monthly meetings as well. We have a meeting scheduled this weekend in Grant, AL that will include a great Saturday ride. The next month is on Nickajack Lake near Chattanooga and then October is down closer to you near Atmore. We would love to have you join us!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Vance has got it right except I would say 07:30 am to 08:00 am to start. Most Saturdays there is 15-20 folks. We also have a group a BMW Air Heads that has formed down there. Send me your E Mail address and will get you get set up. Mine is:

tmcgeesr@bellsouth.net
    Tim

2012 G650GS BMW

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    Vance has got it right except I would say 07:30 am to 08:00 am to start. Most Saturdays there is 15-20 folks. We also have a group a BMW Air Heads that has formed down there. Send me your E Mail address and will get you get set up. Mine is:

tmcgeesr@bellsouth.net
    Thanks Tim...my feeble mind let me forget you were there too!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!