Thread: Maintenance

Question Maintenance

Hey! New to the Group. My name is Trevor. I live in Birmingham and have a 2011 F650GS. Wondering where is a good place to take it for all around maintenance? Needing tires and fluids changed at the moment. I know I could do these things myself…but really no time, etc. I’ve tried places such as Big#1…but unfortunately they won’t service something not bought there…even though I have bought things there before. Bad business in my opinion, but that’s another convo.

Please advise. Looking to start a relationship with someone/business locally that knows there way around these bikes.

Hi Trevor. Welcome aboard. I hope you can find someone local to the Birmingham area to help with maintenance. I will ask around. If you're free, our next meeting is in Cropwell, AL at Vance and Mari's lake house, see the notice in the meetings tab of the home page.. Many people will be arriving Friday, camping or motel, til Sunday a.m. Some folks just ride in for a swim, the meeting and meal Saturday. There may be someone there with ideas. We also have a Facebook page (actually 2 pages) where you may get info. Check them out. In the meantime, if you make it up to Huntsville, we still meet Friday evenings for a drink and dinner. Currently, at the Nook on Bob Wallace. Not many ride in since there is beer involved but we also have a few Moto Guzzi folks in attendance. Hope we see you around.
    Jeanne Zibell

Hi Trevor and welcome....

Send me a PM on maintenance and tires
    Geoff Bull
    '94 R1100RS
    '13 F800GT
    BMWRA, BMWMOA

Quote Originally Posted by trevor.atkins02@gmail.com View Post
    Hey! New to the Group. My name is Trevor. I live in Birmingham and have a 2011 F650GS. Wondering where is a good place to take it for all around maintenance? Needing tires and fluids changed at the moment. I know I could do these things myself…but really no time, etc. I’ve tried places such as Big#1…but unfortunately they won’t service something not bought there…even though I have bought things there before. Bad business in my opinion, but that’s another convo.

Please advise. Looking to start a relationship with someone/business locally that knows there way around these bikes.
    Trever, welcome to the club. My name is Jerryl Hyche. I live in Jasper, Alabama. A fantastic BMW wrench is Chris Hand 205.221.5888. Hand’s Motorsport.