Thread: Second Saturday Ride-2-Eat

Default Second Saturday Ride-2-Eat

Hey! All you AlaBeemers & Biker-buds,

Please mark your calendars for the first Northern Alabama 2nd Saturday Ride-2-Eat on 13 March @11:15. We've selected the previously approved, Bama-Bucks Restaurant & Wild Game Park, 292 Bryant Road, SE of downtown Boaz.
    Garmin says: ( N34° 09.999' W86° 07.061' )

Let's hope that the weather will be cooperative, and that some of you discomfited Beemer jockeys, tired of sheltering in-place, will fire up your deluxe machines and head out for a stupendous luncheon with your mates! Weather in 2 weeks is expected to be "pretty typical" for AL, partly cloudy with temps in the 50s & 60s by mid-day (33% chance of rain - Not Bad!). I enquired with Jennifer; she encourages that a "Large Group" would more easily be seated Earlier rather that Later when they tend to get very busy on Saturdays!

https://www.bama-bucks.com

I'm suggesting the Huntsville group collect at the new Circle K gas stop at 11040 S Memorial Parkway @0930 to fill up and 'Become Organized!' We'll head southwards NLT 0945 - meandering toward Bama Bucks along the southern shore of Lake Guntersville-- or U may simply ride yourself to the restaurant if you prefer a miniature gaggle!

Please email me with an RSVP so we can maybe get a head-count!

Be safe, be seen, and be upstanding!
    Ciao!
    Supreme Group Leader, Phil
    Secretary of State, Karen

president@bmwmoal.org

Check the post from the first Bama Bucks ride on 4/13/19 for pictures. The food is great and the atmosphere is also. Hope there is a good turnout and good weather. I will be there and look forward to seeing everyone.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Phil, Paul I plan to be there. Thanks...Gail & Paul Thorne
    Gail & Paul
    F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

I'll be using Martin Benson's 6 Gap RTE route from BHM. See you there
    Geoff Bull
    '94 R1100RS
    '13 F800GT
    BMWRA, BMWMOA

So the first AlaBeemer Ride-2-Eat of 2021 was concluded successfully (not without certain navigational challenges). Phil led a group 11 other bikes X-country to Bama-Bucks Restaurant in Sardis City on a cloudy but comfortable March morning from Huntsville {while countermanding his GPS’s navigational instructions}. A Trouble-Ticket will be dispatched to Olathe, KS describing the difference between paved and unpaved roads… We recruited a variety of riders through our affiliation with the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club ( NAVMC including Alan, Bob, Doug, Frank, John, Mike + Linda, and Phil + Karen).
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nort...otorcycleClub/

Additionally, two younger Madison transplants from Holland, MI, Derek & Catherine rode their GS’s, and Russ, from Florence, reappeared on his 1200RT. Mike Marshall and Pam & Tom Werstler, actual AlaBeemer members, also accompanied us from the Circle K. Additional club members attending from other directions included: Tim Flynn, Geoff Bull, Jim+Suzi Dubick, and Paul & Gail Thorne. We even attracted two wandering (but not lost) Iron Butt BMW riders from northern MS who read my invitation on the BMWMOA website and enjoyed a slow but delicious meal at Bama-Bucks. Twenty-three total attendees enjoyed a long-delayed group luncheon all because of the persistent pandemic.

HSV riders gather at the Circle K on Memorial Parkway
    HSV-riders-gather.jpg

Paul & Gail were already there to greet the HSV wanderers!
    Paul-Gail-Greeting-HSV.jpg

Many Bikers were anticipating a fine lunch on March 13, 2021.
    Full-Lot-of-Bikers.jpg

Attendees at The Only Large Table set-up...
    Table-4-12.jpg

Two separate tables of four:
    four-apiece.jpg

HSV Riders Prepare for Launch {Paul+Gail were already on their 3 hr ride home...}
    HSV-riders-to-depart.jpg

Phil intends to better research & coordinate another Ride-2-eat for April’s Second Saturday lunch at Chef Troy’s on 10 April. Be there or be left out! 🤜 🤛
    https://www.facebook.com/cheftroysta...04177966264978
    Addr: 4815 County Road 63, Houston, AL (205) 489-1700. Good words have been spoken concerning the Chef’s establishment in the Bankhead National Forest… [ N34° 08.485' W87° 15.484' ]

Stay Tuned!
    Have a Happy St Paddy's Day all y'all
    🍻
    Sláinte! Phil & Karen

Awesome! It’s always good to see the club out and about riding and breaking bread together. Great job Phil in organizing this lovely ride. Weather was great yesterday down here in the Deep South. Did the 100 miles to the Pensacola dealership in the fog... perfect. Had the “wunder wheel” replaced on my RT, while there I signed up 3 new MOA members, two from Enterprise, AL, one from Gulf Breeze, FL.

Hope to see some of y’all this year if my day job let’s me out of my cage more often.
    Reece Mullins
    334-470-7770 (cell)
    rangerreece@mac.com
    BMW 2016 R1200RT EBONY (Gretchen)