Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mari Harrelson

Default Mari Harrelson

I have been a bit slow in posting this but we wanted our Alabeemer family to know that Mari was seriously injured on Sunday November 1st in a freak accident. We suffered significant tree damage in the storm on Wednesday night Oct 28. Fortunately the house was spared but but the yard was littered with 5 very large trees. With the power out for the foreseeable future we had the motor home parked in the yard and were living in it while we cleared the trees so we could get in and out of the yard. Sunday morning she was fixing breakfast as I was running the saw. Some how she tripped and fell out of the motor home and to the ground suffering blunt force trauma to to her left side. We rushed her to the hospital where she was immediately transferred to UAB ICU by ambulance. They made a ďrepairĒ to the spleen and treated her for a concussion and ran a battery of tests.
    She suffered 3 broken ribs, a ruptured spleen and other internal organ damage. We thought she was about to be released last Friday (6th) but she was rushed into emergency surgery late Friday night to remover her spleen a repair other internal damage. So we are back in ICU now and slowly improving but it is really slow.
    I would ask for your prayers as she works her way back. The prognosis is good and she should not have any lasting negative effects. Itís just going to take a long time to recover.
    Of course with Covid restrictions we are limited to me and our daughter Nikki switching off and staying with her. The good news is that she is in good spirits and maintains her positive attitude which should help. I never thought this type of fall could have produced an injury of this severity. But I know now! Please keep her in your prayers along with others in our club family. Better days are surely ahead!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Default Mari's accident

Vance, so sorry for all Mari has been going through. Ya'll are in our prayers and sure hope 2021 will be a better year for everything.
    Martha Warren

Very sorry to hear about Mari's "accident!" We've heard stories about cramped motorhomes...

Also sorry to hear that the homestead was abused by yet another hurricane along central AL.

We'll add ya both to our prayer list.

Sending Blessings to you both!
    Team Ager

Here's hoping that 'Bloody Bill' bounces back soon as well....

Sorry to hear about Mari's accident! That really sucks, and C-19 restrictions make it even tougher. Our thoughts/prayers are with her. Get well quick, Mari, and listen to the doctors. You'll soon be back in the saddle.
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Responding to my email, Vance wrote:

"Mari is doing pretty well now and getting a little better every day. This has been a real eye opening experience for us but of course we are very thankful that it has turned out this way. It certainly could have been even much worse. But we are looking forward to beginning our retirement in earnest next year! Hope to see you guys soon."

What with this Covid BS, we hope we'll be able to Meet & Greet again in 2021!
    Y'all take good care!
    Ciao! Phil & Karen

I was shocked the hear about Mari from David today. I am glad to hear that Mari is on the mend. We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

GOOD GRIEF! So sorry to hear about this, and Paul & I hope Mari is on the mend now. It is amazing just how quick you can seriously hurt yourself doing a simple thing. ATGATT....even in the camper! Also, didn't know y'all had storm damage either! I will be glad when 2020 is OVER, and hope 2021 is better. Thinking of y'all.....Gail & Paul
    Gail & Paul
    F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

thanks everyone for all the calls cards and prayers. Mari has been home a couple weeks now and improving a little each day. She's strong but this will take a little time to recover from. However we are very lucky that as bad as it was it was not worse. I guess the good news is the weather (although it has not been bad) is not really good for riding so we'll take this time to heal sloooooowly. We are looking forward as so many are to 2021 and better times. This year has been a struggle for so many. Thanks again for the concern from our Alabeemer family. Stay safe...stay well and Merry Christmas!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks for the update Vance, I was just sitting here wanting to bitch about the cold weather and realize I don't have anything to bitch about considering what others are going through with illness and losing loved ones.

The only time I have ridden my bike this year was taking it down to Terry for service. I hope there is a nice day before January and I will try to air it out. Darn Tommy moved to Tennessee so I have nobody around here to ride with. Bitch bitch bitch.

Give Mari a hug for us.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Thanks for the update on Mari. Good to hear she is improving. Merry Christmas to you both and like you Iím looking forward to better times in 2021.