Thread: Please keep Bill Tonkin in your prayers

Default Please keep Bill Tonkin in your prayers

Oct 21st we went to doctor and they admitted him to hospital due to complications from prostate cancer. He had a huge blood clot in bladder they had to surgically remove. The bladder has been weakened and the plan is to temporarily put nephrostomy tubes to each kidney to bypass bladder then go to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to heal bladder.

Bill has not walked since September 23rd. That was 1 week after we closed on our house on Island Manor. We are homeless. The good Lord is in charge and I am humbled and grateful. We moved in with my sister, amazingly her garage already had a super nice handicap ramp for the wheel chair.

As of today November 2nd he is now in Siskin for rehab. He is very weak. The goal is to get him walking and bladder to heal. No visitors other than myself and our priest. Please pray for Bill

Thank you
    Dianne

Sorry to hear this. Will Pray he gets through this trying time.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Default Bill Tonkin

Dianne, so sorry for Bill's declining condition. I will never forget all the help he gave me while revising the Club's Bylaws. He gave wonderful advice for the final revision. Let him know Phillip and I are praying for the doctors' hands that administer to him and provide the treatment he needs and ease his pain during this trying time. I'm sure he appreciates all the good help you and your sister have provided to him. Take care.
    Martha Warren

Blessings sent your way, Dianne + Bill. One day at a time is where we are these days!

We'll keep ya both in our prayers... Ciao Phil & Karen

So sorry to hear this Dianne. This year has been so tough for so many. You guys are certainly in our thoughts and prayers.
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Dianne, Susan and I hated to hear of Bill's misfortune. Hope he continues to improve. 2020 can't end soon enough!
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT