Thread: Richmond Hammond in ICU.

Default Richmond Hammond in ICU.

My brother-in-law Richmond Hammond is in the ICU AT Riverview Hospital in Gadsden. Richmond is not a member of the club but has many friends among our members and has attended many events with us. He got sick about a week ago. He could not keep anything down and was getting increasingly bloated. After several days my sister finally got him to call the doctor who told him to go to the hospital. He was diagnosed with an intestinal blockage. He was in a regular room while they released his bloating with meds and drains and had scheduled him for emergency surgery. His heart rate dropped to low and then stopped , twice. They revived him and then put in a pacemakers to try to stabilize him. He has been in ICU for five days. Each time they try to treat him he has another set back. Carolyn is having a difficult time and we are all just waiting each day hoping things will get better. With the visiting stopped by the COVID rules we cannot even see him. Carolyn stayed with him some on Saturday but since then only phone calls a couple of time a day. There is nothing we can do but I wanted to let their friend know what is going on.

So sorry to hear this. We have enjoyed many outings with Richmond and Carolyn. The great northeastern fall cruise comes to mind and the great fun and card games. Please pass on our best and let them know we are praying for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

We will keep Richmond in our prayers. Give our best to Carolyn. Hope this covid business lets up so she can see him soon. Miss all of you.
    Jeanne & John

Richmond’s intestinal blockage was relieved without surgery. He has had a couple of stents put in his heart.and has received a pacemaker. He has been moved to the Cardiac care unit. He had no food for a week but is now on a liquid diet. He went to soft foods today. If he remains stable he may be released to go home in a couple of days. He will continue to be monitored at home for his heart issues and he does have lesions in his lungs and bowels that will be also be addressed in the coming weeks. But for now his spirits are good and we are all looking forward to having him home.

E=rkhrider;18481]My brother-in-law Richmond Hammond is in the ICU AT Riverview Hospital in Gadsden. Richmond is not a member of the club but has many friends among our members and has attended many events with us. He got sick about a week ago. He could not keep anything down and was getting increasingly bloated. After several days my sister finally got him to call the doctor who told him to go to the hospital. He was diagnosed with an intestinal blockage. He was in a regular room while they released his bloating with meds and drains and had scheduled him for emergency surgery. His heart rate dropped to low and then stopped , twice. They revived him and then put in a pacemakers to try to stabilize him. He has been in ICU for five days. Each time they try to treat him he has another set back. Carolyn is having a difficult time and we are all just waiting each day hoping things will get better. With the visiting stopped by the COVID rules we cannot even see him. Carolyn stayed with him some on Saturday but since then only phone calls a couple of time a day. There is nothing we can do but I wanted to let their friend know what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that Richmond "is stabilized," with hopes for Discharge improving...

Hope all y'all are also managing! Things are pretty quiet at the Nook w/o U-2.

Good Luck getting by; we'll be attending the Club Picnic in/nr Hoover next month...

Best, P&K

We are glad that Richmond continues to improve and hope that he can be released to go home soon. Keeping him and Carolyn in our thoughts and prayers.
    Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,