Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Saturday Ride to Uncle Mick's in Old Prattvillage (Feb. 8, 2020)

Default 2nd Saturday Ride to Uncle Mick's in Old Prattvillage (Feb. 8, 2020)

This Saturday, February 8th, meet at Hardee’s on Valleydale Road & I65 for our first 2020 2nd Saturday Ride to Uncle Mick’s (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...e_Alabama.html) in Old Prattvillage in Prattville, Al. Uncle Mick’s is a Cajun restaurant extraordinaire. We will be riding by the Cheveron in Helena @ Hwys 261 & 53 at about 8:40 if you want to join us there. Please let me know if you plan to join us. The restaurant is fairly small, so I need to give them a heads up if we have a large group.

Stands up at 8:30am with a full tank and an empty bladder. We will take back roads through Helena, Pea Ridge, Marvel and West Blocton to Us 82 south to Prattville. After lunch, we will stop for fuel in Prattville (122 miles) and then ride through old historic Prattvillage on the way back home. Also, on our return ride, we will visit the Wilderness Park/Bamboo Forest (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...e_Alabama.html), a few miles north of Prattville. After a mile (+ -) hike through the Bamboo forest, we will take a break at Peach Park before continuing on I65 back to Hoover.

The weather forecast is for low 60s and a slight chance of showers, 25%, so please wear your rain gear just incase we encounter the showers. We won't stop until we are in Prattville.

I look forward to seeing you Saturday.
    Last edited by R90srider; 02-03-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

sounds like a good one...thanks Bob!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Welcome. Are you and Mari going?
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Hello Bob,

Gail and I are planning on being there. We can't meet you in Birmingham but we'll see you at the restaurant. The place sounds good and we appreciate you setting this up. I hope there is a big turn out of Alabeemers. See you Saturday. Paul
    Gail & Paul
    F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Great! I look forward to seeing you Saturday and thanks to you and Gail for planning our gatherings last year.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

I forgot to mention that our arrival at Uncle Mick's will be prior to 11:15 to beat the growd. Also, you will be able to sample any of the main items. My favorite is the shrimp aLa Creme, but all of what I sampled was excellent.

The weather forecast is calling for more presip and if it continues to detroiate, we may change the ride date to next Saturday,15th. I'll make the call Thursday.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

The forecast improved with only 20% chance of scattered morning showers and temps in the high 50's. So lets ride to Uncle Mick's for a really good lunch. I predict that you will enjoy to ride to Prattvillage also. Stands up 8:30 in order to arrive at Uncle Mick's by 11:15am to beat the crowd.

So far, Paul, Gail and Don Drasheff are meeting us at Uncle Mick's and Dustin will be rding with me. If you are going, please let me know so I can give a heads up to the restaurant manager.

Hey Gail, ha ha, you can't call us sissy boys this time :-).

Cheers,
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Thanks Bob for putting this together. Paul & I had a great time and a great ride getting there. It is always good to see all our friends!
    Gail & Paul
    F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Thank you Paul and Gail. It was a fun day and great to see everyone at Uncle Mick's. Only bad thing was how dirty my GS is today :-). Thanks to Paul & Gail, Don, Gary & Darlene, Dustin and Ron for participating in our club's 2nd Saturday Ride.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Glad ya'll had a good ride. I fully intended to be there but when I got up it was 41* and raining at my house...And frankly I could not muster the "want to" in those conditions.....I wimped out I guess! Bob, thanks for pulling this together and to those who made it!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!