Thread: Winter National Indoor Flat Track

Default Winter National Indoor Flat Track

Heard about this event from our mates at Northern Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club. It's a Winter National AHRMA official event at the Celebration [Horse] Arena near Priceville, AL {Highway 67 S off I-65}. Practice is from 6-9 pm on Friday, Jan 17th. On Saturday, 18 Jan, gates open at 0900; practice from 12:30 to 2PM. Heat races: 2:30 to 4:30, w/semifinals plus Main events starting @6pm. Admission to the arena is a mere $10 per; kids 6 & under are free.

The price is right -- Add this one to your calendar if you're within spitting distance!
    Happy New Decade! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

that's cool, I was not aware of this. Thanks for posting it!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-Phil View Post
    [SIZE=3][COLOR="#0000CD"]

The price is right -- Add this one to your calendar if you're within spitting distance!
    Happy New Decade! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
    I've never been to a flat track race so we are planning on being there, but I can't spit THAT FAR!
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

P&K pitched in by volunteering for 3 hours of rainy ticket-taking at the Priceville Arena. So we missed some of the early PM qualifying... But we got to see & HEAR all the action later in the day {It was very Loud!}. We contributed volunteer time with fellow Northern Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club (NAVMC) members. Although we thought we were very busy collecting $10 a head at the gate, the arena was not all that crowded? We did sit with Paul & Gale in the evening, and we saw Ms Terese there too! The winner of the big $5K climactic event was a friend of Paul&Gale also from MS. He was a strappin young Suzuki rider (who recently lost his team sponsorship), but he started out the New Year with an exciting performance right from the Get-Go. We saw some thrills & spills along the way at our first such racing event. They hope they can have another indoor showdown in 2021 with the help of their sponsors (including Redstone HD who put on a Quiet Show with their intimidating Lightening).
    Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

K beside a quiet track early on.
    K-track.jpeg

The scene behind the stands.
    paddock.jpeg

Future racer, showing off his new Electric Bike he got for Xmas. Another one off in the background
    biker-boy.jpeg

I really intended to go to this and at the last minute bailed out. Looks like it was fun...and maybe a little chilly in there? That was one thing I was not sure about as well as the track size (I have never been in there). Thanks for the heads up...maybe next time!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!