Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2d Sat Ride-2-Eat & Reconnoiter!

Default 2d Sat Ride-2-Eat & Reconnoiter!

All Y'all are invited to Ride to Eat & Inspect a possible New Rally Site in Fort Deposit, AL. The purpose is to further evaluate an affordable & potential 2020 Chicken Rally site in southern Alabama {~30 mi SW of Montgomery}! As a recap to non-attendees at the recent "Meeting" at Vance & Mari's, a motion was made & discussed to cancel the Chicken Rally altogether. The motion failed, and Tim Flynn offered to arrange an August "Meet-Up" to further inspect the proposed Rally Site and camping areas {there are spaces nearby for RVs}.

Sorry for such short notice, but Tim wants as many folks who can to "Speak Up on this topic." The Story Is: Tim is an acquaintance of the manager at Ft Deposit's community camp. Right now it is used Only in April to host a community Artists' show. That's it, but they are offering us a sweet deal to help in the sustainment & visibility of the city of Fort Deposit's Artists' playground. And with our wholehearted support, we think the local Volunteer Fire Department is willing to cook the Dinner(s) -- maybe chicken or Whatever. You simply Can't Beat That with a stick!

The current plan is to meet at 1100, at Ren Heartsill's house: 215 Lee Street in Ft Deposit (at corner of Golson Road apparently). It's just one block from "Fort Callico," the camp-site. After a tour of the facility, we'll actually grab a bite to eat somewhere in the local area [more information to follow - [there aren't too many choices right in Ft Deposit].

Vance & Tim both toured the site, and Vance has some pix that he showed at his house. Perhaps he'll post a couple here, for a sneak-preview. Sadly he will not be able to attend the rendezvous, if it's on Aug 10th. And if there's little interest in THIS SATURDAY, Tim implied another chance for September [TBD]. For all y'all in the B'ham area, Tim says he'll be leaving from JACK's Hamburgers on Hwys 280 & 25, in Harpersville @0800! Please call Tim at his -6650 # if you have more Questions!

That's all I know right now; Please express yourselves though!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Since I can't edit my own post...

I figure, the Calico Fort April artists' venture on 18-19 April 2020 is thus: https://www.calicofort.com/cf-exibitorinfo.php

I think the 'park' is off "Civitan Circle": somewhere near this Garmin Location: N31 58.597' W86 33.839'

Tim Knows Best!
    Ciao, Team Ager

The address is 404 Lee street according to Google maps.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

I will not be able to attend but recommend that the site be evaluated for its potential for "out of state draw". It was a problem for some of the sites we looked at previously.

Vernon

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling Bone View Post
    I will not be able to attend but recommend that the site be evaluated for its potential for "out of state draw". It was a problem for some of the sites we looked at previously.
    What the Captain means to say is: "What's the draw? Can we point people from out-of-state to local "Points of Interest" near the township of Fort Deposit? Are there nearby battlefields, specific Alabama landmarks, Distilleries, Breweries, or Wineries? I sure don't know being a N00bie in HSV, but the floor is OPEN to Suggestions!" What do y'all have to offer?

Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Hey Y'all!

Tim says that due to the short notice, he wants to reschedule this particular R2E into Next Month! He wants more input and he hopes more folks will actually want to Ride & Discuss on 7 Sept
    (most likely - 2d Sat as a fallback).

For the next month, tell your local acquaintances to Chime In on the Forum; then ride to Fort Deposit on the First Saturday of September to see & discuss the future of the AlaBeemer's Chicken Rally. - Maybe with the VFD's help, it will be Transfigured into the Mutton Chop Rally or the Pork Salad Annie Rally - - Jus Sayin! Anything's Possible right now... Y'all come and consider the future possibilities of The ALABEEMER's CHICKEN RALLY. It was only by happenstance that the chicken order was screwed up and The Chicken Rally came into existence way back when...

Please Show Some Interest Folks!

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Default Ft Deposit

Are there any shower/rest room facilities? That was a "con" at Coke Oven facilities. This location is further South so showers would be nice.
    Martha Warren