Thread: This saturday rte 3-2-2019

Default This saturday rte 3-2-2019

We have realized that one RTE a month may not be enough. This Saturday, we are going to the Smokee Hollow Bar-b-Que at 14664 Hwy 13N Eldridge, Alabama.

This is on Hwy 13 I believe about 10 miles south of the Eldridge Children's Home. This is a " out in the country kind of place " but is suppose to be pretty good. We plan to arrive to eat by 11:30. If you can make it, please respond so I can do a head count. We hope to see ya'll Saturday. Paul & Gail.
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Good idea Paul & Gail. C'ya there.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

looks like fun. I hope to make it Paul but at this point I am a "definite maybe". We are flooded at the house...like 5' deep in the yard. My bikes are up high and dry in the garage but I have to go across the yard to get out. It would be similar to going around the Darien Gap to get out now. I would have to lad a boat and sail to dry land on the other side!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Vance, I assume the water is starting to go down. I hope you can make the RTE, if not we'll see you next time. Stay dry. Paul & Gail
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

K & P sure hope to be there. What with the inheritance of Pops, life is much more complicated in 2019 than in 2018...

Regardez Vous, P&K

Paul & Gail, the water has receded and I have a driveway again! (albeit a little muddy) I am planning to join you all...Mari will be busy working on some sort of rally stuff or something so she will not be there. I have polled my two riding brothers to see if they can make it but don't have confirmation from them as of this moment. But I hope to crank up a bike and see you guys there!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Good deal Vance. I just now saw your post as our internet has been down since Tuesday. Glad your water went down and hope to see you tomorrow. Paul & Gail
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344

I woke up to a steady rain this morning and went back to bed. Hope the weather didn't hinder y'all from BHM to have a good time.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

T'was a terrific R2E! Thanks for organizing, Paul et Gail!

Wondering what happened to the Vance'ster (AWOL Apparently!)....

It was a chilly ride, But then it's all relative, Isn't it? Not like up thar in Maryland...

Those in the know, implied there might be a "2nd Sat" R2E coming soon to all y'all.

Ciao, P&K in Huntsville.

Smokee-Hollow-BBQ.jpg

Well, the rain got me too. I left home and rode 40 miles to brother Rob's house arriving in the pouring rain and 42*....We waited 30 minutes and it never slacked up....so I booked him home (the opposite direction)! Well, maybe next time!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;