Thread: Marty Simpson Passing

Default Marty Simpson Passing

I just received news that Marty Simpson has passed away. Although I did not know Russ, I certainly knew Marty well and she was a wonderful person and a pillar of our club. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. Here is the link to the obituary. http://obits.al.com/obituaries/hunts...V7WKVmBQmrfpAk

Obituary copy:

Martha Leppi Simpson, 92, of Grant, passed away Tuesday. She was born to Anna and Matt Leppi on Sugar Island, Sault Ste. Marie, MI. She was preceded in death by her husband of 58 years, Lt. Colonel Russell A. Simpson, and her daughter, Catherine Ann Patterson Yokley. She was also preceded in death by her parents, four brothers: John, Arnold, Louis and Reino Leppi, and two sisters: Helga Granger and Helvie Bullock. Martha Simpson is survived by her son, Dr. Russell A. Simpson, Jr., his wife, Lynn Blue Simpson of Huntsville; sister, Irja Wuestnick and husband, Earl, of Linden, MI; six grandchildren: Stacy Patterson Carlone, Kelly Patterson Trahan, Audra Yokley Hamel, Taylor Yokley, Caitlin Simpson, Ryan Simpson; two great-grandchildren, Zoe Trahan and Catherine Hamel; and eleven nieces and nephews. Martha "Marty" was an avid golfer until the age of 85. She received numerous tournament awards, broke 80 twice, and had two holes-in-one. Also, Martha's passion was to ride BMW motorcycles as a passenger with her husband. Together, they rode in every state in the US, except Hawaii. Martha was a member of both the National and AL State BMW Motorcycle Clubs as "Pioneer" and as "Ambassador". She served 35 years as Secretary-Treasurer of the local BMW club. Above all, Martha's greatest joy was her family, who were the loves of her life. She will be greatly missed. Visitation will be from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday, February 9 at Laughlin Service Funeral Home, with the funeral following in the chapel. Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery. (www.laughlinservice.com)
    Published in The Huntsville Times on Feb. 6, 2019
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Default Marty--great lady

She will be missed. She and Russ were great assets to this Club and were the main reason Phillip and I joined 25 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Martha Warren

That is a fabulous photo. Thank you. John and I went by the funeral home today and we sent flowers from the club. They were beautiful. Marty was a wonderful person, mentor and influence. Russ and Marty are the reason we joined and I became as active as I have.

I imagine that most don't remember that Russ was the BMW Dealer and started the "Rocket City " (chicken) rally. I didn't know him well as he was ill when we joined but you had to love sweet Marty. Hope Russ is enjoying having her back with him.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL