Thread: Cajun Chaos 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cajun Chaos 2019

In case you haven't received you e-mail blast yet about the 2019 meeting locations, We will have Cajun Chaos in Louisiana this year
    Wanda and I have found a spot in Morgan City, La. at Lake End Park which is right on beautiful Lake Palourde. The dates are April 26 -28.
    This site has RV sites, tent camping and 6 large cabins. I have sent Steve the notice so he can put it on the club web-site. I have included
    a link to the Lake End Park web-site so you can look over the site and see what is available as well as their rules and regs and registration
    procedures. Please look over the web-site carefully and I would suggest that you make your reservations early, especially if you want a cabin.
    I think that most everyone will be pleased with this location. http://lakeendpark.net

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

Steve Schuckman
    2002 K1200RS Ice Blue/Marrakesh
    2015 Mercedes SLK350

Wanda and I made another trip to Morgan City yesterday to check on Lake End Park for this month's Cajun Chaos. Everything looks good as the high water in some of the area has not impacted the park. We also did some scouting around the area for attractions and places to eat. We stopped at the Cajun Coast Visitor's Center and got information on these as well as picked up a bunch of brochures for attractions in the area. We will have some of these to give out when you arrive, but we highly recommend a visit to the center for the nice displays and friendly help in getting information. The entrance fee for the park has been suspended until well after our meeting date due to a construction project so even if you are staying off site, you won't have to pay an entrance fee to get into the park. Please let me know soon if you plan to attend so we can make get the food and necessary items for the Saturday meal and breakfast. Please use the RSVP function on the club web-site in the Cajun Chaos meeting info section or send me an e-mail.

GATOR
    Last edited by Gator; 04-12-2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

https://www.cajuncoast.com.

Click on this link then click on the activities to see all of the many attractions in the surrounding area. The museums page has many interesting museums in the area. The Wedell-Williams Aviation and Cypress Sawmill Museum is a state museum with FREE admission. It's located in Patterson, which is just a a few miles west of Morgan City.

GATOR
    Last edited by Gator; 04-12-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

I have arranged with a friend to meet us at the park on Saturday morning to take anyone willing on a tour of the waterways in the area on his pontoon boat. This will
    be dependent on the water and weather conditions of course but would be a fun and interesting tour if we can make it happen. Hopefully the many alligators and eagles
    will be out for viewing.

GATOR
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

That pontoon boat ride sounds great! Thanks for setting that up, Gator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I have arranged with a friend to meet us at the park on Saturday morning to take anyone willing on a tour of the waterways in the area on his pontoon boat. This will
    be dependent on the water and weather conditions of course but would be a fun and interesting tour if we can make it happen. Hopefully the many alligators and eagles
    will be out for viewing.

GATOR
    Chris Patterson
    MOA, MOAL, RA, AMA
    1992 K75 RT "Charley"
    2012 R1200 GS Adventure "Gustav"

A museum in Patterson? I guess I’m going to have to check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    https://www.cajuncoast.com.

Click on this link then click on the activities to see all of the many attractions in the surrounding area. The museums page has many interesting museums in the area. The Wedell-Williams Aviation and Cypress Sawmill Museum is a state museum with FREE admission. It's located in Patterson, which is just a a few miles west of Morgan City.

GATOR
    Chris Patterson
    MOA, MOAL, RA, AMA
    1992 K75 RT "Charley"
    2012 R1200 GS Adventure "Gustav"