Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erik Bahl and the 2018 Cannonball Run

As of today Erik is ranked #19 out of 107 riders.
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

We are still waiting for Zeke to complete the essay of the 1st Cannonball that he was to write in exchange for his being allowed to participate. It was supposed to be a condition of his graduating.... been a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne z View Post
    We are still waiting for Zeke to complete the essay of the 1st Cannonball that he was to write in exchange for his being allowed to participate. It was supposed to be a condition of his graduating.... been a long wait.
    How many teen agers have you raised Jeanne? I'm sure you know how many excuses that they can come up with. It is still fun watching Erik's progress though. He should be arriving in Pierre soon. I have flown pheasant hunters into there in the fall and there isn't much there to do otherwise so maybe Zeke will find time. Why don't you give him a call and remind him?
    Last edited by jdubeemer; 09-15-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

I see Erik got a 100 point penalty on the leg to Pierre. Wonder what that was about.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

The 100 point penalty was a missed mandatory photo stop. Unclear instructions maybe? The stop was very close to the days stopping point. Otherwise he still has all miles credited. At a rest day stop he had a ramp installed in the back of the Transit van to make loading the bike easier. Eric is a master planner! As you know I have never raised any children of my own but you really don't think John has EVER let Zeke forget that he still owes that report.

Thanks for the report Jeanne. Hopefully Erik will fill us in on all the fun he is having.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Any more news about Erik?
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

The "race" is done, Eric finished with all miles but the 100 penalty points. I think his final standing was #55. He finished without further injury after a couple bruised or possibly cracked ribs from a slide out(oil on rear tire pulling out from a stop). His ankle survived in the custom made brace and a great deal of anxiety on the part of his orthopedist and his staff. He has put Zeke, the crew chief, on a plane so he can get back to school while he meanders back across the country visiting and sight seeing.

Congrats to Eric and all the other "racers". I've been up the drive to the Skamania Lodge -- it's 14% or greater! I wonder how those old singles w/a belt drive made the climb?
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Thank you Jeanne and congratulations to Erik for finishing the Cannonball. Hopefully his ankle will heal quickly.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque