Thread: 1983 R100RT Repair help

Default 1983 R100RT Repair help

Hello, new guy here. I have an 83 R100RT that was given to me by my father in law. He bought it in 84. He has ridden it all over the country. It sat for a while and someone rebuilt the carburetors but they were not sync'd up since being put back on the bike. I did what research I could and I have the bike running but it need fine tuning and some other work done to it. My problem is that I cannot find anyone who can work on them!
    I really want to find someone who will let me help in the repair so I can understand and know when there is an issue.
    Im in Alabama outside of Birmingham.
    Any ideas on how to find someone? Many guys think they can work on it but are not sure. I dont want to drop it off somewhere and get charged for the expensive parts they 'think' are wrong. I dont want someone guessing either.
    Next year will be our 30th wedding anniversary and I really want to take my wife out on it. She has great memories of riding with her dad on this bike when she was in her teens.
    Any ideas are welcome.
    Thank you!

Being near Birmingham I suggest you contact Terry Ware twware@bellsouth.net . If he can't help you with that he can likely steer you in the right direction. Welcome aboard and we hope to see you at a club event sometime soon!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

You could also try Moto Ace in Leeds. I believe they just relocated to a bigger place. There was also another place there in Leeds, A&G, I was told that one off the guys, Clark is still working on bikes.
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

John Zibell works on older airheads if interested in getting it up to Huntsville jlzibell@gmail.com

Thank you Jeanne. That is good to know.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque