Thread: Blue Springs Meeting

Default Blue Springs Meeting

Hey Everyone,

Want to let everyone know that if you are responding to the meeting at Blue Springs using the RSVP on this website thru the events calendar that none of them are being received. So if you responded to me via this website please respond again via the RSVP in the EBLAST you received so we can get an accurate headcount. Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll at the Springs. Thank You

Jim

looking forward to it Jim!
    Current Bikes
    '12 Yammiehaw WR250R "Slim"
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"

Member;

BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga / MAC Alabama /Asheville BMW Riders/ AMA

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Had another great meeting this past weekend in Blue Springs. A special thanks to the Kalahans for another great job of hosting us...the food was awesome! Mari and I arrived late Friday night to find several late nighters hanging out at the pavilion. Saturday dawned as a fantastic day for riding. we had both an on road and an off road group (although there was a bit of off roading on the on road ride...led by guess who? LOL). We all met as planned for a great lunch at Huggin' Molly's and then meandered back to the park for Saturday night. I know Suzi got some photos that no doubt are being reviewed for posting now. Here is a link to the ones I got.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/rEruKRJAzVpDym942
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"

Member;

BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga / MAC Alabama /Asheville BMW Riders/ AMA

I had a great time. Got off to a great start by locking myself out of my cabin :-( Chili and everything else was wonderful, even if there was no chilly to go with it. Even the ride back in the rain was "nice". Thanks to all for making me welcome. Stay safe all.

Many thanks to Jim and Sheila for hosting our Blue Springs meeting. The chili and fixins' were excellent. Thanks also to Jim for leading the "dirt" ride via the old cemetery. I didn't realize how beautiful that part of Alabama is.

Bruce and I had a good ride to Blue Springs. On the way there, we stopped in Tallassee to see if the old Tallassee Hotel had reopened, but sadly it is still closed. When the hotel was open, the Sunday dinners were outstanding. We also stopped in Tuskegee to see the recently renovated Tuskegee Airman Museum at Moton Field and we were pleasantly surprised to see that there is now a Red tail P51 Mustang there. We also visited the G. W. Carver museum located on the beautiful Tuskegee University Campus which shouldn't be missed if you are in the area.

On the way home, we stopped for a great lunch at Red's Little School House in Pine Level which is near Troy. We also enjoyed seeing the blossoming peach trees along Highway 31 in Chilton County.

Here are a few photos:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...808jjUkTKNnkCA
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Bob, photo link isn't working.
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Thank you Jack.
    Bob Steber
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Jack,

I hope this link will open:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3DDmLKeoPyDBm9w1
    Bob Steber
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque

yep, this one works! Thanks Bob!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"

Member;

Welcome Vance. I sure miss Picasa.
    Bob Steber
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque