Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call!

Default Roll Call!

This is a roll call to check and see who is checking the forum on a regular basis. we talked at the meeting about how low the use-age is on the website...and how this is the best tool for inter club communications. The traffic has fallen off in recent years so our idea last year was to push the info about rides and meetings to the club through the email list. While we certainly plan to continue that practice I personally feel this is a very useful (but currently under utilized) tool.

Of course we also have the club Facebook page as a communication tool as well. However that too seems to be under utilized as a communication tool.

So let's see who is looking and what tools you might prefer for communicating club happenings. Do you prefer the forum, the newsletter or FaceBook? Or maybe all of them??

Ready....GO!
    Current Bikes
    '12 Yammiehaw WR250R "Slim"
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"

Member;

BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga / MAC Alabama /Asheville BMW Riders/ AMA

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

I check in here almost every day just HOPEING Paul and Gail have picked a good place to have lunch on the next Saturday. ;-))
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    KLX 250/Big Bore 351
    BMW MOAL, BMW MOA

Hey Vance, I check the forum daily, sometime more, and look forward to the seeing new posts, especially the riding information. Do email and this forum for sure.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque

I check the forum nearly every day and think that the forum and the e-mails are the best way to get info out.

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

Here's another one who prefers this forum plus the e-mail blast.
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

I check here several times a week usually. Also prefer the e-blast communiques. Not so much with facebook.

forums and emails for me as i do not do facebook. I generally check the website daily.

Jim

I've allowed myself to check the forum less and less as less and less is posted, so am back to checking at least once a week. For me, forum and email blast on rides is the best. What's Facebook?
    John B
    "I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Member: BMWMOAL Heart of Dixie Spyder Ryders
    Current rides: 1989 BMW K100RS ("Sally"), 2009 BMW R1200RT ("Silver"), 2015 Can Am Spyder F3-S ("Buster")

Another vote for the forum and e-mails. I check the forum most days and e-mail several times a day.
    '15 R1200RT
    '82 Honda CBX
    '00 Kaw. KLR 650

Well....you said it Vance ... ready..GO! Believe it or not , there are more MOAL members on Facebook than on the forum (25 active members). There are more people who use the forum on the forum and more Facebook users on Facebook. All the members get the emails unless it goes to the Junk folder (��). So, logically, if the forum users are on the forum, and the Facebook users are on Facebook, and the members which include the forum users and the facebooks users, all get the emails, then damn, we should all have the same information! Amazing! It’s the potential members who we are not getting. Potentials as I will call them, aren’t on the forum, they are not looking at our Facebook page, and they aren’t being solicited through our website. Just my .02, but I know many fine people who really enjoy motorcycling and getting together for good times and unless we actively try to get them involved, we will have the same forum, the same Facebook, the same website, and the same decline in activity. Now don’t think I’m complaining, cause I’m not. I don’t think there’s anything better than a local motorcycle club that shares the common interest of motorcycling and fellowship. We have that here, we just need more of it and the amount of interesting people that are potential AlaBeemers are here .... in Alabama....riding a motorcycle......oblivious to this wonderful group.
    Last edited by brianhinton; 02-13-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75T