Thread: Favorite Rides

Default Favorite Rides

Riding back from Stockton-sorry folks, not in the mood for company. Took a picture and came home. Left and came back to Alabaster by way of Hwy 41 north from Monroeville to Camden. An absolute beautiful ride. Good road but follows the land. Up and downs with lots of turns in between. Not as intense as GA, NC or TN but fun. Was totally beat after a 400 mile day, but still smiling about Hwy 41. What is your close to home favorite.

Bob. Hwy 25 between Leeds and US 231 is my favorite close to home road.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque

AL 65 north of US 72 up to Jackson County Road 27 and up into Huntland TN.....oh and there are so many more...AL 41 from Selma down to Monroeville ... with a stop in Camden at either Jackson's or Red's Soul Food...mmm mmm good! Come on spring time!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Spring....ahh spring. I found a cold 1/1 and by Sunday had recovered enough to ride. My bad case of cabin fever overrode any good sense that I might have and I rode back to Monroeville from Alabaster. Started late and ran out of daylight below Selma. Still a good ride, once I regained feeling in my toes. It was a tad chilly. Did a ride to Cheaha today even though the roads never really dried out. Going to have to look at the ride to Huntland, TN. Thanks for the info. And Hwy 25 is great except I always seem to get stuck behind some clunker just as I get to the fun parts. I'm still new to this. Last rode in the mid 80's and never really had the time. Hoping to sneak in a couple of quick, cold rides in between the rain and really cold weather that's forecast for the next 10 days. Stay safe all.

I love AL 176 along Little River Canyon. Then on through Desoto State Park over to Mentone for lunch at the Wildflower Café. If you have your wife on the back she wont mind all those curves if you treat her to lunch at the Wildflower!
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    KLX 250/Big Bore 351
    BMW MOAL, BMW MOA

I've done Little River Canyon ride a few times since April. I found out it works best with a picnic break mid-way. Thanks for the restaurant suggestion. Those are as important as the rides. Looking at Monday as possible ride day if it gets to 50 F as advertised, but I think I will be heading south from here. I want to get back to La Grange, GA, to the Mare Sol restaurant soon. Had the best reuben sandwich ever there. Soon maybe.