Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Nesmith Is In Hospital

Default Gary Nesmith Is In Hospital

Hello Alabeemers

Gary Nesmith is having a rough time. He hasn't felt well since April and he went to the doctors several times before being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, but nothing prescribed helped. He is in hospital now.

Here is a series of emails between Darlene and I that brings this sad news up to date:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Darlene,
    I talked to Gary today when he was at Shelby waiting for an ambulance to take him to Brookwood. He also said the will have surgery to remove blood from his brain. Shocking to say the least. What can I do to help you and Gary?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Darlene Massey

to me

Bob. Got him admitted to Brookwood about 2:30. Did an ekg chest X-rays and blood work. Neurosurgeon came by and said he had the cat scan from Shelby and was going to look it over and take another tomorrow and compare

Gary has his phone with him. I'm home with dogs. Visiting hours were over st 6:00
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob

Gary's pretty much knocked out all day. He had an MRI and sonogram done today. He is on Ativan every 4 hours to keep him from getting agitated.
    Not slit of conversation going on. Still can't have any food or water

Don't know how long he'll be in here before going to a room. He's where he needs to be for now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darlene Massey

9:21 PM (54 minutes ago)

to me

Bob. Since you know how to post on club website would you just let everyone knows about Gary and prayers are needed
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Thanks for the post Bob. When we had lunch with Gary a couple of weeks ago I knew he was in some pain but this is a shock. Gary is in Carolyn’s and my thoughts and prayers.

Default Gary nesmith

Phillip and I are so sorry to here this about Gary. Praying the doctors' hands that administer to him will aid in his pain and manageable recovery.
    Martha Warren

I hate to hear this. Please keep us posted. Sounds like there are a couple of issues going on but at least he is at a good facility to deal with these. Our thoughts and prayers are with Gary and Darlene through this ordeal.

Darlene Massey
    10:52 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
    Hi Bob

They've taken Gary off Ativan and he a little more alert. Still sleeps quite a bit. Going to move him to a room tomorrow and started trying to get him mobile. Will have food for first time at lunch today.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

The Internist just left. Said according to the Neurosurgeon records they still don't know for sure about surgery yet just making sure that things get better before they make that decision
    Tom Binford was here earlier and so was Gary's son and daughter in law.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/22/2017
    Darlene Massey
    3:24 PM (4 minutes ago)

to me
    Bob.

He's is SICU 4th floor 4th bed on left. If he continues to improve like he has the last 24 hours I think tomorrow he'll be really awake
    Last edited by R90srider; 10-22-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

What kind of surgery are they considering? My heart aches hearing all this.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

So sorry to hear about Gary. We will certainly be thinking about him and wish him the best.
    Tommy Crawford
    2012 1600GTL
    2012 1200GS
    2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited

Quote Originally Posted by jdubeemer View Post
    What kind of surgery are they considering? My heart aches hearing all this.
    I re read the first quote about the surgery. Hope that isn't necessary. Praying every day for his recovery.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

10/23/2017

Bob he got in a room today before lunch and I went to see him on my lunch break since I had a meeting this afternoon and couldn't go

The neurosurgeon came by this afternoon and said he would be evaluated tomorrow by a physical therapist
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque