Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Nesmith Is In Hospital

John Swift
    8:10 PM (26 minutes ago)

to me
    Bob,
    Hope this finds you well. John Harper informed me about Gary’s illness and had no further info when I spoke with him this afternoon. Please feel free to email or call me if you find out more. I attempted to call his home and cell phones but was unable to reach anyone.
    Regards,
    John Swift
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Wanted to let everyone know the latest update from Darlene on Gary who has been quite ill and is in Brookwood Hospital currently. He was originally admitted after a couple of falls where he sustained a couple of good bumps to his head. He has had a battery of tests to investigate several current issues including his lack of appetite. While results of those tests have not been conclusive he is making process albeit slower than we all want. Please keep Gary in your thoughts and prayers during his recovery. We'll post updates here as they are available. Get well soon Gary!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thank you Vance.

Kathy's and my thoughts and prayers for a rapid recovery go out to Gary.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

I just saw this. So sad to hear. Prayers and happy thought for you and Darlene Gary!

Hello all, I received an update from Darlene this morning and Gary is still in the hospital but improving each day. His appetite is getting better so with that he is gaining strength. He has physical therapy twice a day which seems to be helping him gain some much needed strength. And I hear is anxious to get out of there as soon as he can. Please keep Gary in your prayers as he continues his recovery. We look forward to having him back with us soon!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Darlene Massey
    6:48 AM (4 hours ago)

to me, vance
    Hey Guys,

Here’s the latest update on Gary – I think he had a great weekend – lots of company and with the appetite stimulant they are giving him he is definitely eating more and that’s improving his strength – with therapy twice a day he is more mobile than he was a just a few days ago. I know he tires of the hospital food so last night I got him a sandwich from Starbucks and he ate ¾ of it – which is twice as much as he would have eaten before he entered the hospital.

There sometimes is come confusion as to what days people have come to see him and he also thinks that he could just get up and walk out of there on his own. There hasn’t been any talk of how much longer he will be there. It has been a week today since he was moved to the PT floor – however, he didn’t start getting therapy until two days later when he finally came out from all the drugs they had him on to keep him calm. On the left side of his face where he took the last fall at my house is now turning an ugly shade of green –which I told him he had half a green hulk mask if he wanted to go treat n treating tonight.

He’s finally speaking up loud enough without me having to put my ear to his mouth and there has been some signs of a sense of humor when Sunday his nurse asked if there was anything she could get him and he said “Is there some kind of transportation leaving this place anytime soon”.

Thanks Guys for your concern – the support of all his friends, especially his BMW ones, has been wonderful.

Darlene
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Thanks for the update. Good news indeed.

Finally, some good news. Here is Darlene's latest update:

Gary is scheduled to be released Wednesday to come to my house. Therapy here will be done as often as they decide is necessary. Still a ways to go but happy he's getting out of hospital.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers

Darlene
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

That's the best news yet!
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Great news, we hope that he continues to show improvement.

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,