Thread: 2nd Saturday Ride Pctober 14, 2017

Default 2nd Saturday Ride Pctober 14, 2017

I just noticed that the 2nd Saturday RTE information from Brian wasn't posted to our forum. My fault, Please accept my apology. If you can't meet is at Edgar's, hopefully you will meet join us for lunch at the Lion's Den or when we stop for fuel in Gadsden at the Exxon across from Flip Side Deli.

Lion's Den - Sardis City, AL

Greetings AlaBeemers and friends. I will be on vacation for the 2nd Saturday RTE in October. I'm pleased to announce that Bob Steber has stepped up to the plate and offered a great day filled with fun....and food!
    Bob will be taking you on the 6 gaps and Hwy 25 route. This ride has lots of great scenery, twisty mountain roads, and great food too. Here is a quick summary:

Start from Edgar’s Bakery, (3407 Colonnade Parkway Birmingham, AL 35243). Kickstands up at 8:30am with a full tank and empty bladder please.

Fuel stop at the Gadsden Exxon across from Flip Side Deli. If you do not a have a 190 mile fuel range, get fuel here. (A quick one please). If your fuel range is at least 190 miles you can skip fueling your bike until we get to the Odenville Shell.

Lunch at the Lion’s Den in Sardis City

Fuel Stop at the Odenville Shell

Return to Edgar’s Bakery Colonnade, Birmingham @ 4:45 pm(+ -) 208 miles

For safety and optimum road visibility, ride in a staggered formation staying off the "oil line" in the middle of your lane. Try to stay no more than 3 seconds behind the rider in front of you. Always be sure that the rider behind you makes every turn. Ride your own ride and have fun.

We will depart from Edgar's Bakery Colonnade stands up at 8:30am.
    Last edited by R90srider; 10-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Hope ya'll had a great ride!
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Jack, We had 9-10 bikes for the ride to Lions Den where we met Paul and Gail Thorne who rode from Skene, Mississippi. Erik rode from Huntsville to meet us at Edgar's as well as Dave Smith came from Starkville, MS.

Most of the roads were in good to excellent condition, except the Horton Gap road is in rough shape with patches and potholes for a little over a mile. Bailey Road could use some attention also. Other than that, it was fun to go over 6 mountain passes as well as the great Hwy 25 out of Leeds. It was also good not to ride in 90* + temps. I forgot my camera, so no photos.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque