Thread: August SS Ride

Default August SS Ride

We had another great ride this past Saturday for our monthly Second Saturday (SS) ride. As customary many riders met in Prattville (after the obligatory donut and coffee stop of course). Brian had us all lined up for a ride to Monroeville with the lunch stop planned there at the Prop and Gavel Restaurant along the square. The skies were cloudy most of the day with threatening clouds part of the time but no rain (until later). But it was a great ride with 10 bikes making the trip from Prattville. Upon our arrival we were glad to see Paul & Gail as well as Reece and Jerry Elliott from Enterprise. We enjoyed a great lunch (although it took a loooong time to get our food) before departing for home in all different directions.

I led four bikes back up AL41 from Monroeville which is of course one of the finest motor cicle roads in Alabammer! Made it almost to Montevallo before we got into a pretty hard shower but actually that was a welcome sight as it cooled us down and only lasted a couple of miles!

Thanks to Brian for putting together another fun ride for us...where will we go for next month's SS ride?????
    Current Bikes
    '12 Yammiehaw WR250R "Slim"
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"

Member;

BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga / MAC Alabama /Asheville BMW Riders/ AMA

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks for posting your ride report Vance. Did you guys tour the old court house, any photos?
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque

I know Reece went over to the courthouse and actually visited with one of the museum docents who happened to be leaving at that time. It took quite a while to get served and so most riders left pretty quickly. The square was pretty quiet on a Saturday afternoon. It was our intent to visit the museum and all but it was already closed. Here are a couple of pics I took....
    IMG_0071.JPGIMG_0072.JPGIMG_0073.JPGIMG_0074.JPGIMG_0075.JPG
    Current Bikes
    '12 Yammiehaw WR250R "Slim"
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"

Member;

BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga / MAC Alabama /Asheville BMW Riders/ AMA

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks Vance. Big smiles all around mean good times. Wish I could have been there, hopefully next month. Too bad that the folks who haven't been in that old court house didn't get to see it. It's one of the best sites to visit in Alabama. If I can find the photo of our Alabeemers playing the parts of the actors in the movie, I'll post it. Larry was the judge.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    2007 K1200LT Traveler
    1976 R90s Odalisque