This is a reminder that the new website is still in it's infancy. As members provide feedback, certain things can be tweaked here and there for a better experience for all. It is imperative that members of this club provide feedback when asked.

Now I will address someone who "Anonymously" emailed me using a spoofing program instead of having an authentic and real conversation about the likes and dislikes of the new site. Before I address the points of the email, I want to take a moment and state how I feel about the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Alabama.

I have met some of the most amazing people in this club, a lot of people that I consider true friends and not just acquaintances or associates. I feel that I needed something that they would be there for me and I would reciprocate the same when needed. Some of the club members have already helped me out in more ways than they may realize. For this, I love this club.

I enjoy riding motorcycles and talking about motorcycles. I have ridden with some club members and I feel that we have shared some of the best times together. I definitely feel that I have had some of the best times of my life on these rides and I look forward to many more in the future. For this, I love this club.

I think that our scheduled meetings are a great time that we can all come together and fellowship together. We can see old friends, meet new people, and make new friends for a long time to come. All of the members of this club are unique in their own way and add to the diversity of the BMWMOAL. For this, I love this club.

Now, on to Mr./Mrs. Anonymous.......

1. I appreciate that you like the newsletter.

2. the opening page of the website does have a large picture, with a mission statement, and that statement is motorcycles, fun, and fellowship. that's what this club is about....is it not? And the homepage has links to the most useful information which includes photos, events, and rides.

3. The member directory is at the bottom of the page, called "Directory". This is still being worked on and will be functioning shortly. In the meantime, if you need to know information about a member, please contact the Membership Director, which can be found on the "Leadership" tab of the main menu.

4. You must re-register because simply put...this is a new site. Would you want others to know your personal information and passwords? I can't tell you the implications there...but hopefully you understand why it's not a good idea.

5. Bylaws and Russ Simpson Award - the site is still being constructed on the backend and these things will be added later as time permits.

6. Old issues of the Newsletter - The archives span a time frame of 2007 - 2013 with only one newsletter in 2014. If that is something that members feel is important, then they should respond with a voice and speak up. There is a possibility that they could be archived into the new site.

7. the "contact" form is currently not in operation and will be removed. Once again, all Officers and Directors are accessible through the "Leadership" link.

8. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me. I would like to point out however, when you make the statement "definitely a step in the wrong direction", indicates you are an authority on which direction it should be going. Have you done any research into website activity and what makes a good site and one that attracts traffic? What I mean by that is, we want new people to come to our site, in addition to the regular members, to attract new possible members. Since your son helped you in spoofing your email address and taking the time to not be honest and authentic, did you ask him what he thought about the site? The direction is to attract new members and to keep the club thriving, otherwise, it will die out with members that can't step forward and want to live in the past.

Now, for my last personal note......It saddens me to know you feel you would have to take the time to hide your email and not just email or call to discuss the things that you are concerned with. You are a member of this club and have a voice, let it be heard.
Brian Hinton