Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More January Riding

Quote Originally Posted by dixieoutlaw View Post
    Ain't gonna be no mud and creeks onthis one, Once I get thing ironed out I will post in the Happenings section.
    Maybe I can just ride in the ditch . Gary, are you going to use that iron Angie hit you in the head with? Gail
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Gail,
    You can have the ditch riding. Last time I tried that resulted in a severly broken leg.
    Guess I could use that iron to iron out the trip since I have become initmately familiar with it. Even more so now, seems I having to iron my own clothes. So if I don't look to spiffy this weekend ya'll know why.
    See you tomorrow.
    Gary
    Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Gary,

I thoroughly enjoyed the ride yesterday and the hot chocolate afterward.

Here are a few pictures from the ride. http://picasaweb.google.com/schuckmanweb/Ride_20080123 I'll see you all in Montevallo.

Steve,

Great photos of the ride....made my bones creak. I also took a peek through your public gallery and man, is your new secretary hot!
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

The January meeting inspired me to get going. So Monday I left for 3 days of riding and trying to peddle some furniture. Down 280 to Auburn and 1st call (buyer out of town) so on to Toomer's for some coffee and then a ride around Auburn's campus. Success in Phenix City, a good sale and lunch at the 13th Street BBQ. Lots of good roads thru Clayton and Abbeville with dinner at the Old Mill in Dothan.
    Tuesday started with donuts and a couple of calls. Tried to go to the air museum at Ft Rucker. No luck. Ok on riding gear and safty class card but no hi-vis vest. Will know next time.
    Wednesday started with two very good sales. Then good riding up to Tuskegee. US 29 from Brundidge to Tuskegee is a very intertaining ride. Go home after dark. Wish I worn my winter suit instead of the mesh.

http://picasaweb.google.com/smoothna...ey=Qach48wu5iA
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Martin, wonderful pictures and write-up.
    Jamie
    02 K1200lt
    82 R100RT

Thumbs up

Martin,
    Thank you for sharing the details of your ride and especially for all the details in the narratives of the photos.
    I think I see you wearing a new Olympic jacket this time next year.

Gary
    Charm and Mr. Congeniality