Thread: Saw this on the MOA website about Pandoras

Default Saw this on the MOA website about Pandoras

Thanks Pandora's!
    On a recent business trip on my 2015 K16GT from Crystal River, Florida to St. Louis, Michigan I picked up a dry wall screw in a new (2,000 mi.) rear tire in N. Ga. I plugged the tire and continued to my sisters in Trussville, Al. for an overnight stay. Checking the tire the next morning (Friday July 29) showed that the pressure had dropped. I filled to the correct psi and confirmed that it was leaking slowly. I called the local dealer but they didn't have a replacement and if they did they couldn't help until mid week. I decided to head north due to time constraints. Checking for the next nearest dealer I found Pandora's in Chattanooga, Tn. Out of the way but on the way. Heading north on Hwy 11 I limped along. Deciding to make better time I jumped onto I-59. After about 20 minutes at 75mph it felt like I'd run over a lane marker, then the rear started feeling squirrely. I figured that the plug had let go. Minutes later I started smelling hot rubber and soon after a roar began from the rear. I was about 3 miles from the Ft. Payne exit when I pulled over to the shoulder without incident. It was 10:30am. Checking the tire there was no repair possible. I called BMW Roadside Assistance. After speaking with several advisors for several hours with them telling me that help was coming they politely told me that I was on my own. Being in a remote area no help was available. I called Pandora's, 80 miles away to see if they could help. Speaking to the service department confirmed that they had the tire in stock but unfortunately didn't have an available person to rescue me from the interstate. After exhausting my options I called back offering to pay for someone to assist me. Service Mgr. Jason said he'd call me back. He did and I was informed that Justin Prann, the owner, was loading up and heading south in the company van. WOW! After several hours beside I-59 the Pandora's van arrived (2:30). Justin deployed the ramp and we loaded the bike for the ride to Chattanooga. Heading north on I-59 we chatted and got acquainted. When we got to the I-24 exit traffic was at a standstill. A truck/bus accident had traffic snarled for miles. Finally arriving at Pandora's around 7pm Justin told me to take the van and get a motel room for the night. The following morning I arrived an hour before opening. The parking lot was filling with other customers but they unloaded my bike, installed a new set of tires and had me road ready within an hour. I tipped the tech, then went to pay for the tires AND interstate rescue but my bill was only for the tires. I found Justin, tried to pay for his extraordinary service but he would not accept payment. After thanking him and his exceptional crew, I headed on to Michigan. The remainder of the 2,000 mi. trip was uneventful. Returning home I checked the last tire receipts for this bike and found that Justin was a few dollars less than my local dealer. I know where my next bike purchase will be...Thanks Guys! Mike 177059
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Would expect nothing less from Justin. Makes you wish that Pandora's was in Birmingham.
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Quote Originally Posted by R100R Rider View Post
    Would expect nothing less from Justin. Makes you wish that Pandora's was in Birmingham.
    I agree.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

the definition of the words "customer service"...good guys indeed! Thanks for posting this Jim.
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Or we all lived in Chattanooga; best of both worlds.
    Reece Mullins
    334-470-7770 (cell)
    rangerreece@mac.com
    BMW 2016 R1200RT EBONY (Gretchen)

Quote Originally Posted by R100R Rider View Post
    .... Makes you wish that Pandora's was in Birmingham.
    I have had Pandora's on my browser favorites for years
    Geoff Bull
    '94 R1100RS
    '13 F800GT
    BMWRA, BMWMOA

First time my brother and I went there, they basically just threw us the keys to everything in the building. We test rode everything we had even the slightest interest in.