Thread: Goodness lurks in our riding community.....

Default Goodness lurks in our riding community.....

After leaving the Stagecoach Cafe yesterday, we stopped about 40 miles north for gas, when I discovered that my driver's license and credit card were gone! After filling up (had cash) I was just sick, thinking about what I needed to do to cancel the credit card; get a new one; change my direct-pay accounts, etc, and then get a new driver's license. I phoned the Stagecoach Cafe and Lo & Behold, some Good Samaritan had turned both cards in at the cashier stand! After thanking them profusely, I rode back the 40 miles, retrieved the cards, and hit I-65 for a fast and chilly return home. Got home at 705 pm nearly frozen, but with credit card and driver's license in my pocket. The restaurant didn't know who turned them in, but I sure do wish I could find out so I could properly thank him/her, and I'll certainly play forward his/her actions if I ever get the chance.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
    JB
    John B
    "I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Member: BMWMOAL Heart of Dixie Spyder Ryders
    Current rides: 2017 BMW R1200RT

Hi John & Happy New Year! Glad this turned out well for you, as it could have gone differently. However, I find most motorcycle folks are overall a good crowd to be in.
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

John, glad you got home w/o problems, and with your DL & CC's. I know that feeling! We all split up at Perdue Hill and we each went our own way.

Till next time!

Hope everyone stays safe, and has a very happy NEW YEAR!
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

glad to hear it all turned out well JB. I know that made it a really long day but I have to say...if you had to backtrack that is surely a nice road to have to ride! Enjoyed the day and as Jack said we all split up there at Perdue Hill and I had a nice ride back up AL41!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

An absolutely fantastic group ride. I'm glad you got your DL & CC back John; these issues always have an insidious way of ruining a ride. Just remember, when everyone is trying to convince us the people of the world are bad, we see time after time examples of the kindness that is all around us.
    Reece Mullins
    334-470-7770 (cell)
    rangerreece@mac.com
    BMW 2016 R1200RT EBONY (Gretchen)