Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldridge Children's Home Ride In 14th Version

Default Eldridge Children's Home Ride In 14th Version

Our success is due to one factor.... YOU!

Eldridge Children's Home annual event (#14), How many have you made?
    This will be the official page and will try to keep everything on this page as to updates.
    Dec. 3, 2016.... Saturday 10:30 AM until 1 PM... Eldridge Benefit and Toy Run Lunch is included and Free
    Dec. 2, 2016.... Friday night...7 PM.. the Dinner is furnish by Benefit Team and Iron Horse MC Lodge and Campground, Charlene will again cook her famous Prime Rib, we have all the extras plus another meat selection as well. I will furnish transportation from Super 8 in Jasper AL to and from ECH for the Friday night dinner.
    The Friday night dinner is for our LD riders arriving on Friday and for the staff, children, volunteers and benefit sponsors.
    Super 8 in Jasper AL. is the host hotel.. 205-221-3050 is the direct call in... The rate is Total of$62.06 for room with two queen beds (same as last year) if you wish to share a room.($53.96 +Tax) It would help to mention Eldridge Children's Home / Don Norwood block. UPDATE! Should you choose a single or regular double beds, you rate will be lower.
    Our Smugmug photo web page with all information about the event: http://www.echbenefit.smugmug.com/
    Friends of Eldridge Children's Home FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/echbenefit?fref=ts
    Donations via paypal or checks (Payable to Eldridge Children's Home) link on the web page. http://www.eldridgetoyrun.com/

We do have the Ron Melton Scholarship, beginning last year, we will take 5% of net and add to the Scholarship and do so until the Scholarship Fund reaches a cap total we have set. This is in part to have enough in reserve to meet Scholarship needs and each year we have donations designated for the Scholarship that may not get earmarked unless it is marked or noted on the donation.
    More information as I have it.... as always we are grateful for your support to the home and it's mission for the children.
    I will try to start a Facebook page in coming days, just for riders and for those that don’t read this forum.
    *** ONE change this year….we are asking to omit using gift cards from retail stores due to issues that may not give proper credit to the Home and you the giver.
    Checks are accepted.

Don G Norwood

2011 R1200GSA Radio Flyer III with DMC sidecar
    1975 R90/6 w/Velorex sidecar -Sold to a good home
    2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

Click here for more infomation FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER

"The Bike may have got us together, but the friendships will keep us together"

1:20 seconds of hundreds coming together from ONE common goal... Be there.
    Don G Norwood

2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

Wouldn't miss it. A very heart warming experience. BE THERE!
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Yup....I will be riding in from the Pelham area...who wants to join in? Let me know and we'll put together a fun ride up! Lookin' forward to another great event in support of the kids!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

To join the Facebook information page follow this link:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1482963231721017/
    Don G Norwood

2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

Hey everyone...this event is coming up this weekend! The weather looks really good (for December) and I hope you are making plans to ride up and support the kids. As usual there will be rides coming in from all points on the compass. There are a few of us Bham riders that are planing to depart from the at J & J Grocery at 7:45 sharp https://www.google.com/maps/place/J+...!4d-86.9817444
    in Bessemer on Saturday morning if you want to ride along. Thanks to Martin Benson for putting this together and I know he will have a great ride laid out for us to get there. If you can't make the ride from Bessemer and want to meet there at the home that will be fine too! The point is that this is a great time to ride and support this great home and its mission for these kids. Post here if you are going or have any questions. Let's see if we can fill that fish bowl with money!

Ride safe and we'll see you there!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Can't make Martin's ride but will be there as usual. Hope the weather really cooperates.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

I look forward to seeing you there Jim...ride safe!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

What is the proposed ETA at Eldridge?
    '15 R1200RT
    '82 Honda CBX
    '00 Kaw. KLR 650
    ‘17 Honda CRF 250L

ETA at Children's Home is 10:45 - 11:00.
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16