Thread: Riding the Blueridge Parkway and Skyline

Default Riding the Blueridge Parkway and Skyline

Sunday July 24th, Jeff Hanshew and myself pointed our bikes East/Northeast for an epic summer trip. We started out through Macon, GA then to Athens, and then made Robbinsville basecamp for a couple of days. We rode the Dragon a couple of times and the Cherohala Skyway before staring the BRP in Cherokee. we went the distance and on up Skyline Drive into Harpers Ferry. Then we started out for the West Virginia rides and to the New River Gorge bridge and on to the ghost town of Thurmond. Then we meandered back South to Enterprise, AL. It was a great journey and now we are back to reality..
    IMG_0086.jpgIMG_0752.jpgIMG_0436.jpgIMG_0394.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0236.jpgIMG_0154.jpgIMG_0150.jpgIMG_0116.jpgIMG_0774.jpg
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Great pics Brian, thanks for posting them...I followed you guys (Jealously) on Facebook....looks like a great time indeed. Haven't been to the gorge in over 10 years...and now I want to go back!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Vance, Paul & I were there a few months ago for the second time. You should go back again, as it was just as awesome as the first time I saw it! They did have that horrible road that goes under it closed for repairs when we went, but I am sure it is open now .
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

It was an awesome trip Brian!!! Looking forward to another!!

Hey Jeff, sorry, I did have to clear the posts frm moderation...sorry I didn't get that done earlier...my fault. you should be good to go now!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!