Thread: Greetings from North GA

Default Greetings from North GA

We are at Skeenah Creek RV park, Suches GA. We are about 15 miles north of TWO. We rode down to TWO for dinner and I wanted to fill up with gas at the station on the corner of 60 and 180 because they have ethanol free gas. The pump handles were all covered with plastic bags so I asked the clerk inside about it and she said they have not had gas for a week and did not know when they would. The closest gas was in Dahlonega. So if you are coming to TWO this month don't arrive on empty.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Phillip was at TWO 2 weeks ago and same station was out of fuel then and he had to go east to Booger Hollow about 15 miles there also.
    Martha Warren

Thanks for the information. Hopefully they will have fuel by the time we get there.

I talked to Mary yesterday and there are three cabins and two lodge rooms available.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

We are back home in the humidity. It was warm over in Suches but not near as humid. A lot of riders over at TWO both days on the weekend sitting on the porch. It was also nice and cool at night and we didn't need to run the AC. Wish we could have stayed longer. We have friends that retired to Morganton and friends in Gainsville that rode up to see us.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Sounds great Jim. Our gathering is only 10 days away and I'm looking forward to enjoying some of those N. Georgia mountain cool nights along with riding the great roads there.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Answering Vance's E-blast, we will have lunch in Helen at the Troll Tavern http://www.trolltavern.com/.

Tim is right, if you haven't been to Two Wheels of Suches, you have missed a great place in a fabulous area with some of the best motorcycling roads in the SE.

Here are the paved road routes for our weekend, GDB & GPX:
    1. From the Hardees on Valleydale Rd to TWO via Johns and Fort Mtns with a stop for lunch at the Cajun Depot in Ellijay Depart at 6 am.
    2. The figure 8 ride round trip from TWO with lunch at the Troll Tavern in Helen Depart at 9 am
    3. From TWO to the BP on Valleydale Road Depart at 9 am

As always, please start with a full tank and an empty bladder.

The weather looks good for the weekend and will be much cooler in the N GA Mountains.
    //www.accuweather.com/en/us/asheville-nc/28801/july-weather/329813wering

I look forward to seeing you there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by R90srider; 07-25-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Great routes Bob! I hope you all have a great time in the coooool mountain air! We will not be able to attend as our oldest son is getting married out at the lake house on Saturday (and I guess we better be there...lol!). We will miss you guys and riding those awesome roads. The good news is that this will be a good "get ready" for the upcoming September meeting out at the lake...we'll even have water in the lake this year!

Ride safe!!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

You got your priorities right Vance,and congratulations to your son.
    Bob Steber
    1976 R90s Odalisque

It was great that we were able to make it back up there for the club weekend. The weather cooperated and I managed to round out my tires and reduce the width of my chicken strips by riding over 300 miles for the weekend. All BMW club members were treated to free dinner Saturday evening at TWO paid for by the BMW dealer in Buford, GA, Hourglass Cycles. We stayed over and rode the Cherohala Skyway after lunch in Tellico Plains Sunday. Bob hurt his shoulder and couldn't make the weekend so please send him your best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL