Thread: Chicken Rally

Default Chicken Rally

So how was the rally? Weather, attendance, rides, inquiring minds want to know

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

Hey Gator, sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. The rally went well, the weather was a bit warm but at least there was not any rain. We had a few over a hundred attendees in total and once again, I believe those that went had a great time. Sheila and Jim did a stellar job and things went off without any major instances. The band was good on Saturday night and we had a ton of really nice door prizes to hand out! I don't really know what to think about continuing this...we are going to have to decide what to do going forward. This is a lot of work on just a few club members. Guess we'll see...we sure had a good time though!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks for the update Vance. Glad everything went off without a hitch. Looks like attendance was pretty low. Thought the GS Giants event would draw more people in this year. Glad everyone had a good time.
    Hope to see everyone at Lake Guntersville.

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

Default Chicken rally

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Thanks for the update Vance. Glad everything went off without a hitch. Looks like attendance was pretty low. Thought the GS Giants event would draw more people in this year. Glad everyone had a good time.

Gator
    GS Giant event was cancelled. Still had a lot of good riding. More discussion at Guntersville Business Meeting. Members should be there if you can.
    Martha Warren

Default Future Chicken Rally

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post

Gator
    Have not received any news on the future of the Chicken Rally after Guntersville meeting. What is the result?
    Tommy Z.
    2012 K1600GTL
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, AMA

www.bayoubikers.net

Hey Tommy, sorry everyone has been traveling for the MOA and scattered all over the country since. The vote was to continue the Chicken Rally for the coming year. Rodger Williamson agreed to be the Rally Chair and Connie is going to co-chair it with him. There is a lot of work to do and questions to be answered but I am sure this team will not only put together a great event but will also have more details coming forward as planning progresses!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!