Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Birmingham Dealer?

Just returned from picking up my oil filter at Big#1. They did have the filter, oil and crush washer in stock. Was told that BMW determines what to ship in their first inventory of parts and did not include GTL brake pads. Guess my next contact will be with BMW to ask why they would not think rear brake pads for their most expensive motorcycle and one that, due to their linked braking system, consumes rear pads inordinately quickly, is an item their new dealer should initially stock.
    Tommy Crawford
    2012 1600GTL
    2012 1200GS
    2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited

hmmm...according to your report...I was right....will someone call Mari and let her know please?????
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Tommy,
    It was great speaking with you today about the issue you had with picking up brake pads for your BMW. Vance was definitely on his game knowing that all new BMW dealers receive PRE-built orders for Parts, Accessories, Apparel and Special tools. Just to let other members that may have questions know we have only had our parts on the shelves for about 2 weeks (still receiving more daily) and still do not have all of the motorcycles on the floor. I must admit that I totally relied on BMW to set me up with all of the necessary parts needed to operate as a turn key BMW dealer when the bikes hit the floor. Since motorcycles started arriving I have been working on setting up our min/max inventory levels based on BMW's list of top 100 fast turn parts. To my surprise those brake pads didn't even make that list! I can only hope that in the future the relationship between the BMOA club members and Birmingham BMW will blossom into a close bond. I also hope that in the future I will have a chance to speak with yourself and any other member in person as soon as an issue arises. I look forward to many years of great times with you and all of the other BMW riders in our community!

I'll report back after I talk with BMW.
    Tommy Crawford
    2012 1600GTL
    2012 1200GS
    2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited

Hi Jeff, thanks for logging on here and your explanation. I have no doubt there will be some hiccups getting going. I am glad to see that you personally and Big #1 have taken an interest in the club and the local BMW riding community in general. That is refreshing for sure and feels really good. Like you I look forward to some great times ahead with a great local dealer!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!