Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: All Around Alabama???

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It's working. I look forward to seeing your track.
    It looks like they have turned the south east corner. I'm Jealous.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

They made it to the ferry in time for the crossing and are at the Gulf Breeze.
    Last edited by R90srider; 04-02-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

great ride today! The weather was great, cloudy at times but perfect temps! We pressed onward throughout the day with the target being making that ferry...after a quick stop for lunch we pushed on through and actually made the 5:45 ferry. That put us at the hotel just after 6:30 and in time to stroll down the street for a great dinner...fresh from the gulf! Tomorrow we head north and pick up Tommy Crawford and David Hogg as we cross I-10 Tuscumbia tomorrow or bust! A few pics in no particular order
    IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Leg 2 complete! Another great ride today coming up the west side. We made fantastic time today in great weather. Since several had not previously been to the Coon Dog Cemetery we stopped in for a visit. Then made it safely to the hotel in Tuscumbia before the weather came through. Ready to head est and south tomorrow and finish the loop!
    IMG_1489.jpgIMG_1491.jpgIMG_1499.jpg
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

That was a fantastic Journey. Thanks to Vance for arranging this as well as the original explorers and documenters of this route. This was a great way to see the state. Three days of riding and getting to and back from the start point resulted in a 1727 mile ride. The weather cooperated perfectly. It was a little warm at times for the first two days, and day three saw the cold weather gear coming out. We had two riders who just had or were about to celebrate birthdays, Mike Scott 67, Sanford Colley 76. My Hat goes off to Sanford, he is one hard core rider. He put in the longest days on the first and third days travelling another two hours to and from home in addition to our long days ride. Karl from Louisiana gave Cycle Nation in Huntsville the first rider emergency test. On our last day he noticed the front tire on his GS was worn beyond what he expected. It might make it to the end of the route, but he and Mike Scott would not make the additional ~500 miles back to Louisiana on Sunday. A lunch call on Saturday saw Cycle Nation shuffling the work to replace it. Attached is Vance's SPOT Tracker showing our complete route. Going around the state in three days did not allow time to stop and see interesting things if you saw them. I think I will repeat this over a 5 day or so trip in the future to explore some of the cool things we passed. One in particular was some type of military junkyard in South Alabama that had tanks and aircraft fuselages in various condition.
    2015 All Around Alabama.jpg
    Erik Bahl
    Huntsville

"Those are some fine P-nuts"

2004 R1150R
    1929 R63 OHV - 2014 Cannonball Run Entry #63
    1915 H-D Model 11F - 2016 and 2018 Cannonball Run

Erik Bahl
    Huntsville

"Those are some fine P-nuts"

2004 R1150R
    1929 R63 OHV - 2014 Cannonball Run Entry #63
    1915 H-D Model 11F - 2016 and 2018 Cannonball Run

Thanks Erik and to all the riders. I'll echo his remarks and agree this is a great way to see the state. I have done this route previously but apparently I was much younger and more fit cause doing it in three days was a BIG ride indeed. But we did it and did with a large group. These are all great riders and worked together to keep us moving. I saw lots of changes since I rode the route the last time which must have been at least five years. I do want to go back on a slower pace sometime and stop at some of the many interesting sites along the way. Here is the link to my pictures https://plus.google.com/photos/11030...P-ozIq29OaBlAE
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Default All Around Alabama Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Thanks Erik and to all the riders. I'll echo his remarks and agree this is a great way to see the state. I have done this route previously but apparently I was much younger and more fit cause doing it in three days was a BIG ride indeed. But we did it and did with a large group. These are all great riders and worked together to keep us moving. I saw lots of changes since I rode the route the last time which must have been at least five years. I do want to go back on a slower pace sometime and stop at some of the many interesting sites along the way. Here is the link to my pictures https://plus.google.com/photos/11030...P-ozIq29OaBlAE
    Vance, I "stole" a few of your pictures to post on the Bayou Bikers web site. Thanks.
    Tommy Z.
    2012 K1600GTL
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, AMA

www.bayoubikers.net

no problem Tommy...we mentioned to Mike and Karl...what about an All Around Louisiana???? Hmmmmmm.......
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to start looking at that.
    Tommy Z.
    2012 K1600GTL
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, AMA

www.bayoubikers.net