Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Around Alabama???

Paul & I would like to go if we can. We have obligations on Easter, but the next weekend is open for us. Whatever works for the group is ok, and if we can go we will. This kind of "thing" is what the club needs more of! RIDING!! This is a great idea....seems like Paul & I did this once before, but quicker .
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

I'm on the fence with this one. Family coming in for Easter... MMM the week before... BMWMOAL the week before that... Man the calendar is getting full, time to retire... I wish!
    Russ
    04 1150 GS
    05 750 Vulcan
    01 F 650 GS DAKAR
    09 SYM MIO "Pink"

I may not be the most important person in your life..
    I just hope that when you hear my name..
    you smile and say That's My Friend!

I really want to go also but I may get to get paid to fly to Florida and spend Easter with our kids. So one way or the other it is going to be a fine way to spend a few days. I'm mostly just itchin' to ride!!!!
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Right now we have a group of about 8 riders lining up to ride this ahead of Easter Sunday starting on Thursday. It looks like we are going to start on the east side of the state about mid way. I am still working on the route to make it work out for two overnights. If we get a group this large through it we'll prove it can be done! Gail, you are right that we need to do more of these rides!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Vance,

When you say two overnights are you talking hotel/motel or outdoor camping? I would like to go as well, but we are planning on the official opening day of our shop will be Good Friday.

pb
    1995 HD Ultra Classic
    2003 BMW R1150RT
    President Tribe of Judah MM - South Alabama Chapter
    BMWMOAL - MOA - HOG Lifetime Member

Isaiah 58:14 - "Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...".

yes Paul, two motels overnight. Not exactly sure where those will be yet but we are planning it for that weekend. If this works out like we hope maybe we can have several groups circling the state throughout the year!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Steve updated the All Around Alabama GPS routes on our website today. Click on the Riding Tab, then ABEES Riding Challenges and click on the route (s). I'm working on the route sheets and when updated, I'll ask Steve to update the website file. Thank you Steve.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

This is my first ever post, so, I might get things wrong, but I would like to come along on this trip. Depending on the departure point, my day may have to start much earlier, I am a few hours west.

I received my R1200RT seat back from Russell today. I am very satisfied with the difference so far. So I hope I will be here for the AAA (all around Alabama) ride to really test it out.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Steve added the updated route sheets with turn by turn directions showing leg distances to our forum. Thank you Steve. Those of you who do not have a GPS can now see the detailed route and, if you want, plot the directions on a Gazetteer or your favorite mapping software.

The GPS routes are also updated to add a wonderful scenic road near Bryant, NE Alabama, that Tommy Arnold showed me last year.

The All Around Alabama ride isn't a "walk in the park", but I'll predict that you will enjoy the many great roads and wonderful scenery along the way.
    Last edited by R90srider; 03-09-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque