Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All Around Alabama???

Sounds like good company. I think I might be up for that one. It would be a good tuneup for the ride to Billings. Keep us posted. It has been a cold winter. ready to ride. After All it is the year of the sheep BAH BAH

Quote Originally Posted by jdubeemer View Post
    Is there any good food along this route?
    Hey Jim,

There are good eateries along the way. Look in your ABEES guide for information. Restaurants and POIs are listed by towns.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I think that is where we are headed with this. That April 3-4 weekend is Easter so if we were to keep it on that weekend I suggest we would start on Thursday and end up on Saturday. Or maybe pick another weekend but the calendar is getting slammed! Who would be interested in riding it....give us your thoughts....
    Please include this old codger. I've missed old friends too long and this would be fun. Hope I remember how to pack for 3 days
    jb
    John B
    "I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Member: BMWMOAL Heart of Dixie Spyder Ryders
    Current rides: 2017 BMW R1200RT

Hey John, we talked about this some this weekend. A couple options are in the air at this point. To spend three days that would be two nights out....but Mike Scott mentioned he would like to go but would prefer the starting point being in Mobile. Starting there might make it easier to time the ferry crossing but that would mean those of us form central and north commuting down to and from the Mobile starting point...and that might add one more night to it.

My available times are the first and second weekends in April. I guess we need a headcount of who would be in. The first weekend is Easter so to be home by Saturday afternoon we would have to start the ride on Thursday and that means leaving Wednesday if we start in Mobile.

So let's see who is on on that time frame. If those weekends are not suitable ya'll feel free to work what is best for the group. Bob is working on cleaning up the routes a bit but we will also have to lay out the stopping points based on the total time we are taking. Got a little route work to do!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

I might still be game even with the Mobile start point. For me it would be ideal that I be home Sunday opposed to Saturday so I would burn one less vacation day. So that would mean Easter weekend is out. However plan for the rest of the group and if I can make it I will.
    Erik Bahl
    Huntsville

"Those are some fine P-nuts"

2004 R1150R
    1929 R63 OHV - 2014 Cannonball Run Entry #63
    1915 H-D Model 11F - 2016 and 2018 Cannonball Run

Vance, I have been following this thread and am excited about the ride. I suspect there are other lurkers who may also be interested. This could become a well-attended event so the extended time frame may be necessary if there are more than just a few riders. The more riders; the more fun but it is also more difficult to maintain a schedule.

I also like the new idea of starting from Mobile.

I am in for either of the first two weekends in April. Thanks for planning this,

David

Great David! Glad you are interested. Lets wait a couple days and let everybody throw their name in and we'll take it to the next planning stage!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Count me in!!! Any time is ok with me as i have the time

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Hey John, we talked about this some this weekend. A couple options are in the air at this point. To spend three days that would be two nights out....but Mike Scott mentioned he would like to go but would prefer the starting point being in Mobile. Starting there might make it easier to time the ferry crossing but that would mean those of us form central and north commuting down to and from the Mobile starting point...and that might add one more night to it.

My available times are the first and second weekends in April. I guess we need a headcount of who would be in. The first weekend is Easter so to be home by Saturday afternoon we would have to start the ride on Thursday and that means leaving Wednesday if we start in Mobile.

So let's see who is on on that time frame. If those weekends are not suitable ya'll feel free to work what is best for the group. Bob is working on cleaning up the routes a bit but we will also have to lay out the stopping points based on the total time we are taking. Got a little route work to do!
    I'm ok with start/end at Mobile. The first weekend of April is better for me...might have a conflict April 6,7,8.
    Whatever the group works out, I'll try and make it work.
    Thanks jb
    John B
    "I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Member: BMWMOAL Heart of Dixie Spyder Ryders
    Current rides: 2017 BMW R1200RT

Count me in also. Should be a fun ride.
    Tommy Crawford
    2012 1600GTL
    2012 1200GS
    2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited