Thread: Garmin Zumo Road Tech (HD version of 660)

Default Garmin Zumo Road Tech (HD version of 660)

Anyone have one of the Garmin Road Tech GPS units? They seem to be identical to the 660, except they have some HD POI's pre-loaded, and have a Harley splash screen on startup. That wouldn't bother me, and they can be found on ebay for $330 or so in like new condition, and the 660's are around $500.

Am I missing something that would make it less attractive if looking for a GPS? My pre-owned RT has a 660 hard wired mount already installed, so it's the easiest model to go with.

I am not familiar with this model but Garmin has so many units it is confusing. I have to believe there are some differences in features for that much difference in price.
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

My understanding is that the HD model benefits from a lower price through the HD dealer network. It comes loaded with HD dealer locations, etc., so maybe there is some subsidization going on there.

I believe that these two units are the same. Yes, HD version has the hd splash on start up but the list of hd dealers are on gpi file in the gpx file on the unit. These can be removed if so desired.
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Geoff Bull
    '94 R1100RS
    '13 F800GT
    BMWRA, BMWMOA