Thread: Southern Colorado Ride

Default Southern Colorado Ride

Diana and I just returned from a great ride in southern CO. We began the ride in Denver and headed west to Mt. Evans. From there we crossed Guanella Pass and Boreas Pass and stayed just outside Breckenridge that night. The next day we crossed Weston Pass, Cottonwood Pass and Ohio Pass and stayed in Crested Butte. On Sat we crossed Kebler Pass and then rode to Telluride where we enjoyed going through the mud holes on Last Dollar Road and then rode to Alta Lakes just off Hwy 145. We hung out all day Sun in Telluride and headed to Silverton on Mon. We road through a few flurries crossing Red Mountain Pass going from Ouray to Silverton but when we were about to leave Silverton to head back to Ouray the snowfall became much heavier. By the time we reached the pass it had been 32 degrees for about 15 minutes and we were experiencing a good bit of slush on the road. We made it across the pass without finding any icy spots and it warmed up to a balmy 38 degree rain for about 45 min. We rode on to Gunnison that night and headed to Cripple Creek on Tue. We rode the Gold Belt Tour on the way to Cripple Creek and especially enjoyed Shelf Road. Diana has decided that is her new favorite road. On Wed, we made our way back to Denver were I dropped Diana at the airport and then headed back to Birmingham. She get to enjoy the "fly and ride" program. Below is what I hope is the link to a few of the hundreds and hundreds of photos we have from the trip to go along with the hours of GoPro video I made. I hope everyone enjoys the photos just half as much as we enjoyed being there and making them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f1357c4a44
    Tommy Crawford
    2012 1600GTL
    2012 1200GS
    2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited

wow Tommy this looks like an awesome ride indeed. Don't ya just love riding in the snow?? lol. No doubt that is some really beautiful country out there. I have not had the opportunity to ride much of it all. I know there are a bunch of fellow club members that have spoken so highly of that area. Some of these shots really make me want to go..man, I got to get out there!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Awesome pictures. Love the Aspens in full color. Don't like the snow on the road. Hoping to get back out there next summer on the way to or from Billings.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

Wow, what beautiful country, 'cept for the snow.

Thanks for the great photos and ride report.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Wow, really great pictures. We love riding in Colorado. We'll have to go there in the Fall for the Aspen foliage and hopefully not the snow. Thanks for posting.

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,