Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham BMW shop ???

In regards to the last post, I'll have to say that my experience with Hattiesburg cycle was the worst experience I have ever had with a motorcycle shop. Mr. Myatt's arrogance could only be exceeded by the IRS. In my 63 years, Hattiesburg Cycle is the only person or business I have ever sued. I won a $700.00 dollar judgment against them, but had to file a lien against the business to ever get paid. BMW is a better company without them as a dealer. Paul Thorne
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    In regards to the last post, I'll have to say that my experience with Hattiesburg cycle was the worst experience I have ever had with a motorcycle shop. Mr. Myatt's arrogance could only be exceeded by the IRS. In my 63 years, Hattiesburg Cycle is the only person or business I have ever sued. I won a $700.00 dollar judgment against them, but had to file a lien against the business to ever get paid. BMW is a better company without them as a dealer. Paul Thorne
    Well Paul, I never found Larry Myatt to be arrogant and the customer reception and mechanical service I received there was entirely satisfactory.

Perhaps your attitude was that of too many other BMW riders? You know, that "I'm special, and you owe me for gracing your shop with my presence..." attitude that riders of other marques talk about when referencing the beemer crowd.

Anyway, do we have a new dealership in up and running yet in Huntsville?

Merry Christmas to all,

Rick Mitchell in T-town
    '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match...

Well Rick, I don't consider myself "special". I do try to avail myself of the facts before I make accusations. You should try it sometime. At the time of my problem with Mr. Myatt and Hattiesburg cycle, I had never owned a BMW. This all arose over work they had done on the Kawasaki I was riding at the time. For a long time, I've considered Mr. Myatt the most unpleasant person I've had contact with. He may have just slipped into the #2 slot. Paul Thorne
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Oh Girls....!!!

The Huntsville BMW / Triumph dealership, Cycle Nation, is up and running. Their tech's are trainned and the showroom is full. I should think additional showroom farkles are coming. They seem to be good people. They also carry Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha.

They have an indoor service faciltiy so your bike won't be sitting outside in the weather like at a lot of places I know. Also, they have a real loading dock if you need to truck your bike; a lot better than other shops that let you borrow their ramp.

CYCLE NATION
    12401 Memorial Parkway Southwest, Huntsville, AL 35803
    (256) 650-1177

There's also a Cycle Gear conveniently located a few miles north.

CYCLE GEAR
    8922 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL
    Last edited by Ric; 12-29-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    65 Honda Black Bomber - 67 Kawasaki 120ss - 69 Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker - 74 Kawasaki H2 - 77 Yamaha RD400 - 09 Kawasaki KLX250sf - 10 BMW R1200R - 2014 Bonneville T100SE

Geoff Bull
    '94 R1100RS
    '13 F800GT
    BMWRA, BMWMOA

Another update on the subject.....see this post:

http://forums.bmwmoal.org/showthread...mingham-Dealer
    Geoff Bull
    '94 R1100RS
    '13 F800GT
    BMWRA, BMWMOA

Havent posted here in a while, was checking on the GCR location and kept reading.
    A&G (glen) is probably the only tech in middle Alabama i'd trust w/my bmr. I did hear Terry in Pelham retired, which would be another choice. However, cash is king and I don't have any! So I do it myself, HA!
    Don't ever buy a car you can't push!

Big Number 1. The new B.M.W. dealer in Birmingham. A really big shop. They should be around for awhile.
    I have not tried out there service. I know they have 2 factory trained service techs.
    anyone going there, please give us a report.

I just had my '15 RT's first service done @ Big#1 (I bought it there). Of course, this was a routine, "no-issues" service, but it was performed as promised, the bike was returned clean, and it was done much faster than promised. All in all, a fairly pleasant experience. I'll give them another try when a service issue does arise.
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Good news. Thanks
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL