Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year

This is a motorcycle club? Heck I though it was just a big eat-fest held in different locations.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the club going. I really enjoy the times I have spent with y'all although it isn't all that frequent. Things will change, I promise.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHebert View Post
    I really enjoy the times I have spent with y'all although it isn't all that frequent. Things will change, I promise.

Steve
    Countin' on it my man. where would we be without this rivalry that has developed between you retired military guys? I so enjoy the quibbles
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

It will get even better as a third will be joining the group. He should be with us in Montevallo. It's not rivalry, it is a deep down jealousy that those ash and trash haulers (insert chinook driver) have with us Out Front Cavalry guys.

Happy New Year everyone!

When is the Montevallo meeting? Can you post some info in the Happenings forum for everyone?
    Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
    1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
    1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
    2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin

Talking

Hebert is right it is not a rivalry, it is a survival of the fittest mode. I had an Air Force airman tell me once, that they had designed the perfect military organization for theirs is the only one that sends the officers out to fight while the enlisted folks stay inthe rear. I kinda see Army Helicopter pilots like that. We send the slow witted ones out first (read cav scout pilots) Then when they get shot up, the lift guys are called in to haul back the helicopters they got shot up. To further support the survival of the fittest thought, you can weed out the slow thinkers in flight school and you give them the simplist machine to fly, you know only one engine so only one set of instruments to learn to read, and heck they hardly have any navigational instruments again they wouldn't know what to do with them.
    But I do love them cuz somebody has introduced them to real motorcycles and like Steve says this is a motorcycle club and we hope our bantering back and forth in good nature is encouraging others to log on to the forum and come to our meetings.

Suzanne when you read this to Steve, tell him to have a happy and safe new year.

Gary
    Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Hi Raceydog.

Our meetings are scheduled for the last Sunday of each month. Most of the time, folks gather on Saturday, but for some of the meetings, we show up on Friday. The details are in the newsletters, but I think you have a good idea to also post them here.

Looking forward to seeing you in Montevallo.

Bob Steber
    Last edited by R90srider; 01-01-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Quote Originally Posted by dixieoutlaw View Post
    Well, here it is the last day of the year and is customary for lots of folks a to reflect on what the year has been. To all of you Happy New Year and may the Lord Bless you with good health, much happiness and safe riding in 2008.
    See you down the road.

Gary
    Hello All,

The year 2007 was a banner year for me. I bought a BMW in February, met a bunch of wonderful folks, rode more in one year than I've probabably ever in my life, and then had the worst wreck I've ever been in and hope to ever have.

During my recouperation, I was visited and contacted either by phone or by email by a double-handfull of BMW owners every week. I'm back on BOTH feet now and have been putting miles on the "other" motorcycle. Thank you, all, for being a part of my road to wellness.

I look forward to rides with you all very soon.
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

Hey Stephen,

It's nice to see you upbeat and ready to go. If you need another R1150R, I know someone who can make you a great deal on an 04. I posted it in the equipment forum.

Take care,

Steve

Default New Year

Merry New Year Ya'll
    Lets see 2 engines cause they can't rely on one. Instruments to fly by cause they can't read a map. Lots of room inside to bring those who are "OUT FRONT" some good hot meals and carry their lounge chairs. OK thats enough(for now). Thanks everyone for the great comraderie that comes with being a member of this great club. All the best in the new year and will see all at Montevallo.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHebert View Post
    Out Front Cavalry guys.
    We 11B's considered you Cav guys REMFs.
    James
    2005 R1200GS
    2004 Triumph Daytona 600
    Helena, AL