Thread: Stagecoach ride in to Stockton, AL

Default Stagecoach ride in to Stockton, AL

Anyone going? I am thinking about it. Not sure yet. It's this Sat, the 29th. Will be bikes from all over the country. Part of the Iron Butt Assoc rides I believe. You don't have to me a member of anything to go. Just show up at the Stagecoach Cafe by around 10:00AM to kick tires, ogle bikes, see old friends, lie a lot and eat even more. Parking lot will be empty by around 2PM. Everybody gone back to where ever they came from.

Don't know where the Cafe is?? Just get to Stockton, AL. You can't miss it. About all that is there!

Tom McIntyre

If you don't like loud pipes (they save lives you know) and gawdy crusers, it's not the place for you. Also, you need to enjoy standing in a long line to eat. However, the ride down there and back is very nice . Gail
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Tom, there are several of us that have expressed an interest in riding down on Saturday morning provided all the stars align and is doesn't rain! So there are 3-4 definate maybes but I guess we will make the final call on Saturday morning. We are planning to meet at I-65 & Hwy 119 at the BP Station at 7 AM and will depart from there (if we go). So if you decide to go and want to meet us there you are welcome to ride along. That is the plan as of now...such as it is....
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks Vance. I am playing it by ear also. Maybe see you at the BP

I have decided that I am not going to Stockton tomorrow. Gonna rain all day down there according to the weather man. Guess I'll get some dem honey do's done instead.....
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Thanks for the heads up Vance. I also elected to pass--same reason. Nice here. I'll get my fix locally this time.

Tom

Default Stockton in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I have decided that I am not going to Stockton tomorrow. Gonna rain all day down there according to the weather man. Guess I'll get some dem honey do's done instead.....
    The weather-person was so correct. It rained, was not too cold, but a pretty good turn-out. There were 25 of us at the OasisTravel Center for the usual breakfast meeting. About a dozen of us made a tour of south Baldwin County river landings and other points of interest.

Today is my son's 14th birthday. He and I took the Harley, loud pipes and all, so that we might win the oldest bike ridden to the rally. I've won 2 previous years with the 1980 FLH. This year a fellow on a 1978 GL1000 took the top honors. The oldest rider was a gent of 73 years young, and the long distance was one of the guys riding with us. He left Washington State on Wednesday.

I'm back in the saddle and looking forward to riding with all of you very soon.
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

Thanks Stephen for the report. I got up this morning and felt pretty bad for not going since the weather was so nice here. I quickly got on the puter to check the weather down there....and I felt a little better since it was raining down there (sorry for you guys though).
    Glad to hear the turnout was still pretty good. And I got some of the stuff done that I needed too.....
    Good to see you posting again Stephen!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;