Thread: Photo file question

Default Photo file question

Since I really enjoy viewing other posts of photos, etc., I am trying to learn to do a better job of posting my own photos. I would like to know which methods of storing photos such as Photobucket or Picasa do you prefer for the forum. I would like to be able to add comments or explanations of the individual pictures I post. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.. Gail
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Again Gail, from a strictly novice point of view, I use Picasa which is afree Google service (free up to a certain storage amount...then it's like $5 year for the next level up). They do change the darn thing around from time to time so I have to re-learn how to use it...but it is quite flexible. You can share out of that program certain pics or a whole album if you want. There is great flexibility to make your albums and pics public or private. Once you create and album you copy a link within Picasa that links to that album and post it into the forum. This way when someone clicks on that link it takes them right to Picasa where your album is stored. Posting a few pics if you have an especially good one, two or three is not a problem, but posting entire albums does use space...we don't have an infinite amount....and apparently Google does!

As I said it is a good program but there will be a bit of a learning curve in the beginning.....
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Thanks Vance! I just hate the those darn learning curves. Gail
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

ha...ha...I hear ya...at least they are curves! lol...
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Did the file size allowed for photos on the web-site change? I uploaded photos of some eagles in November that are the same file size as the ones I have been trying to upload lately(2542X1944) and they uploaded just fine. What's up?

Gator
    BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS
    2011 Suzuki DR 650

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

Hello Gator,

Since the beginning of time the dimension limit on photos for upload has been 800 px. There is also a file size limit in bytes. No changes have been made. There is a difference between uploading photos (to be stored on this server) and photos being display that are hosted somewhere else such as picasa web. I'll search your posts to see if I can find those eagle photos and check the size.

Edit: I found the eagle photos and the largest was 779px 584px.
    Steve Schuckman
    2002 K1200RS Ice Blue/Marrakesh
    2015 Mercedes SLK350