Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday evening non-Meeting in Bham

Default Thursday evening non-Meeting in Bham

Several of us are checking out a new place for a possible replacement for the Diplomat Deli. We're looking at Uncle Zeke's BBQ, just off Lorna Rd/US31 in Hoover, across US31 from Jim'N'Nicks BBQ. We're planning on being there about 5:30 tonight (10/13/2011) and next Thursday (10/20/2011), too.

Why not join us and voice your opinion, too? Looks like there should be plenty of parking for bikes, and room to meet'n'greet your friends.
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

I might be able to come on the 20th. Do you have a better address, something I can find on a map or my gps?

Mike White
    Lorena, Texas
    2003 R1200CLC

Well, I see I made a mistake in the name (we've never been there). It's "Brother Zeke's BBQ". Address is 1817 Montgomery Hwy S, Hoover, AL 35244.
    JGoertz
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Y'all might want to look here before going to Brother Zeke's. It looks to be average at best. But, as they say YMMV.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/45/16021...arbecue-Hoover
    Mike White
    Living and travelling full time in my toy hauler
    2015 R1200GSW

I read those reviews before we went last night and said, "What the heck?" It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't as bad as the bad reviews made it out to be. We had great service, they want bikes, in fact, they're trying to get a bike night started, and it might as well be "BMW Bike Night" as anything else. Prices were okay, about the same as Johnny Ray's, cheaper than Jim'N'Nicks, they have outside seating when it's warm enough, adequate seating inside, enough to handle those of us who've been coming, plus a few more. Thursday nights have 3 specials on the menu for dinner, as well as the standard menu items. And for those who drink beer -- I don't when I'm on 2 wheels -- they offer $1.50 Miller Longnecks. Other beer is also available for a bit more. And last night, they gave us a couple of pieces of pie to try -- free! Lemon is very good, chocolate was okay.

It may not be the best place, but we're going to be there at least one more Thursday (10/20) before deciding if it's worth suggesting as a good place to try to get the Thursday meeting crowd back up again.

If others have a good suggestion, let us know. I think the only real requirements are 1) Bike-friendly establishment, 2) Good parking, 3) Safe access for bikers, 4) Adequate food/drink, 5) Ability to give separate checks w/o a surcharge. We'd really like to get the B'ham Thursday Non-Meeting back up to a decent crowd again.
    JGoertz
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Well, I never let a bad review keep me from trying some BBQ. I'm still planning to come down. It's about a 90 mile ride for me, so I hope someone else will be there. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Mike White
    2015 R1200GSW

There will be at least a few of us there. Maybe some of the non-regulars will join us next Thursday. Hope to see you there!
    JGoertz
    2015 BMW R1200RT

I think I will visit the new BMW dealer while I'm in town. Can someone give me the address?
    Mike White
    2015 R1200GSW

7900 E Crestwood Blvd. (Near Oporto Blvd & I-20 E)

www.bmwmotorcyclesofbirmingham.com

Many of us go to Terry's Two Wheels Tires & Tune, in Pelham, for service

Pelham, Alabama 35124

Hours
    Tuesday to Friday 9-5
    Saturday 9-2
    JGoertz
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Jack, I hope to be there tonight! I hope others in the area will join us too!! My schedule has been hectic on Thursday nights for a long time. Just looked to be sure but I don't see a conflict tonight!!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!