Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R1200RT fuel gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Raceydog View Post
    Any more comments on Bogart's? I would love to send a link to the replies to BMW International.
    Oh Man,
    You don't want me to get started. Most everyone here knows how I got treated while "trying" to BUY a bike from them, so I wont go over it again. Go to BMW of Atlanta where they appreciate your business and they do what they tell you they will do. The best thing you can do is learn how to work on your own motorcycle ans much as possible and eliminate any service dept. Just my two cents worth!
    Gail & Paul
    G650GS / KLR650 / R1200R
    IBA #23343 & 23344
    "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

BMW NA called me and did a survey, and they got an earful.

I really didn't intend for this to be a let's bash Bogart's thread when I mentioned BMW of Atlanta. I only recommend them (BMW of Atlanta) for the same reasons Gail stated, and based on my experiences (plural) with both dealerships. In fact, just like Gail, my negative experience with Bogart's began with trying to buy a bike (and didn't end there).

Raceydog, you and I should talk sometime. I grew up in the Montgomery area and get down that way to see my parents from time to time. My dad bought Vance and Mari's black F 650.
    James
    2005 R1200GS
    2004 Triumph Daytona 600
    Helena, AL

Default update

I forgot utgu
    Last edited by Raceydog; 06-29-2009 at 09:03 AM.
    Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
    1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
    1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
    2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin

The original post is mostly deleted. Is this about the R1200RT fuel guage failure due to ethanol gas? A friend told me he has had to have the in tank strip (sensor I guess) replaced three times. I suggested he try the Sta-Bil Marine Formula ethanol treatment. I use it in my boat. It's supposed to stop the damage ethanol causes to outboard fuel systems. It's hard to find no ethanol gas in some places. Has anyone tried this stuff in their bike?
    Bill
    72 Honda CT90 (Orange Crush)

Default Bogarts experience

Since Bob seems to be a lone voice, I thought I would chime in. I too had a bad experience attempting to purchase a bike from Bogarts. Without exaggeration, I sat on one of their bikes in the showroom for an hour without anyone offering to sell it to me. Anyway, I have bought my BMWs used since. My experience with the service has so far been good. The clutch on my GT, which I purchased from an individual in N Carolina with 5300 miles, had a chirp noise. They replaced the entire clutch under warranty. 4500 miles later the sound has not recurred but I expect it to based on others' experience. Other service has also been warranty items or 6000 mile service on the GT and my GS and they have been on time and performed all recalls.

I really don't think we want to lose our local dealership.

Jake

Wow. How did my posts get deleted? Did I do that?
    Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
    1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
    1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
    2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin