Thread: F650 opinions?

Default F650 opinions?

Hey. I'm about to get a new bike and I have found a 2005 F650CS with 1,200 miles for $5500. Sound good? Anybody have any good or bad points they would like to share?
    Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
    1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
    1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
    2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin

I had the GS version of that bike and thought it was great! My only complaint was that it seemed susceptible to wind (not mine!). I often think about getting another. Anyway, if you haven't visited the Chain Gang website you should. You can find out practically anything you want to know about that bike there.

Rick

Thumbs up F650cs

Jimmy,
    My bride Suzi has a 2003 F650CS which we purchaced about 3 years ago. It is a wonderful machine and is more of a sport bike style than the GS. We had Terry install Michelin Road Pilot 2s on it and it really handles great. I also installed a Hepco and Becker center stand on it which is not available from BMW for some unknown reason and I also got Hepco and Becker crash bars and some nice Kuryakyn foot pegs and a Parabellum windshield and a top box and bar backs which required a longer brake hose. Also a Sargent low seat and she is really comfy on it. She says it will do a wheelie if she cranks the power on real quick. The CS is fuel injected and it runs really good at high altitude which we tested for the past two years out west in the Rockies and high Sierras. Yours should also have dual spark if I'm not mistaken. Two years ago we spent a week before the national rally out in Durango Colorado riding the rockies and I was on the F650GS and she was on the F650CS and we really had a good time and both ran really good at high altitude. Also it gets about 75 miles to the gallon which is a big plus. I saw a picture of one for sale with the GS bags on it so you could also do that.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL

I recently bought a 2012 G650GS. What a great little bike. So light and nimble. In the process of personalizing it. So far added BMW hand guards, C Bailey windshield, BMW tail pack, and an old Garmin Zuma 550 I had laying around. Also replaced the stock muffler and converted with a Leo Vince muffler and a tool tube. Tool tube holds extra tools or about a quart of emergency gas. Plan to add BMW expandable bags as soon as I save up. This bike will surprise you. Capable of going plenty fast for interstate travel, it weighs around 400# and is very light and nimble on the back roads. I would recommend it to anyone.IMG_1279.jpg
    Tim

2012 G650GS BMW
    2012 Harley FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic CVO

Jimmy, while I don't have direct experience with the CS, Jim's report sure seems to be a good one. I have had 3 different year models of the 650 single and as these other guys report, have been very happy with them. Of course the real "tester" among our group for this bike in the GS format is Gail ...she has about a zillion miles on them...lol. Several folks come to mind right off that have given up the heavier bikes for these lighter and more nimble singles. They run a long way on a gallon of 87 octane petrol too!

Nice lookin' bike you got there Tim!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!