Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good and bad news from the Hebert camp

Hi Steve

Glad you had such a good insurance company to work with. It's too bad we don't hear stories like yours more often.

I'll wager you can find another good R100RT at a decent price.

Bob
    Bob Steber
    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
    1976 R90s Odalisque

Yeah it is good to know you got everything settled. Like Bob, I bet you can find another ride that will please you shortly. Any ideas?
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

After spending the weekend with N8, I really like the S bike. I'm afraid that if I get one, I might have to show him how to ride it. It was awesome watching him on that track. It is amazing to see how much body position change he does to keep the bike on the track! I brought Krista with me on Sunday. She liked just chillin in the pits with all the shirtless dude riders.

It really makes no sense at all to buy something now IF I am going overseas for the year. I will wait a few moe weeks to see if/when I am going.

See you at BB&B.

N8 is quite a guy. I am sorry we missed him this weekend but we just had to take the grandson to the beach....and it was hot there too!

I know what you mean about waiting to get a bike when you get back. Makes good sense to me.

I am glad you and Krista got to go to the track. It is pretty cool watching what goes on (and I am not talking about the shirtless dudes!)
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Default Getting on here late

Hello Steve,

Steve here! Sorry to be getting on here late regarding your crash but I have followed the thread. I'm back home now and in school. It was great to meet you in Opp and great to hear that you are doing well.

See you later,

Stephen
    Stephen Pearce
    Pace, Florida
    2004 R1150R now broken
    1980 FLHC

I am glad that you are back at it again. Keep us informed of your next ride so we can all be a part of it. Krista and I are doing great. She has survived her first week as a froshman at UAB!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotel179 View Post
    Hello Steve,

Steve here! Sorry to be getting on here late regarding your crash but I have followed the thread. I'm back home now and in school. It was great to meet you in Opp and great to hear that you are doing well.

See you later,

Stephen
    Stephen, good to hear from you! Glad to know things are returning to something like normal. Keep us posted here!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Steve,

I haven't been on the forum for a while so I just read about your accident. I was mostly happy to see that Krista and you are both ok.

I had a similar incident on July 22 while on a Harley sponsored coast to coast ride.

Two friends and I were riding west on I 94 near Bismark, ND at about 70 mph with me as the trail rider when I was hit from the rear by a local biker. I am pretty sure this fellow was drinking also.

Luckily my damages were not as bad as yours and I did not go down. It bent my rear fender, tore up my seat, shattered my left saddlebag as it was knocked completely off the bike, and broke the left rear turn signal off. At least this fellow did have insurance and my bike is now being fixed.

The rest of my trip was not ruined due to the help of a nice mechanic at Billings, MT HD. He helped me straighten the bag support bars and mount points and I was able to buy a used saddlebag and tape a turn signal onto the broken mount. This allowed me to ride on to Portland, OR and then back home to AL without further incident.

Like you I didn't hear or see anything until I was launched forward into a violent wobble. Luckily the bike settled down and I was able to stop. I did have to catch up to the guy that hit to get him to stop. The ND troopers came and ticketed the guy for improper passing and failure to maintain a safe distance but they did not get him for DUI.

Again, I'm glad Krista and you are back home and safe.

Ron

Default Wow!

Man Ron that was a crazy ride! I am so happy that yours was okay as well. Nice people help other nice people in times of need. I compare it to the movie Pay It Forward. If it wasn't for the nice people in WV, I would have really been stranded. I did contact my brother in VT and he began the web posting and anonymous book search for me. The next day I had a fellow rider close by and available if needed.

Glad you made it home alright and did not have to cancel your plans.

You are right about the nice people that show up just when you need them. The folks that stopped to help, the ND troopers were great and the mechanic that helped me get the bike into shape to be ridden.

Looking forward to your BB&B. I'll be on my R100GSPD for that.