April 2d Saturday R-2-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2d Saturday R-2-E

For the 2d AlaBeemer Ride-2-Eat in April, the North Alabama MOAL contingent will visit the Bankhead National Forest area, and Chef Troy’s “Talk of the Town” eatery in Houston, AL. The actual address for interested riders traveling from other directions is, 4815 CR-63, across the street from the US Post Office, Houston, AL [ N34° 08.492' W87° 15.483' ]. The menu has of all your favorites, as well as daily specials on the white-board. Chef Troy seems to have an affinity for Cajun seasoning to include: Po’ Boys, Gulf seafood, and Jambalaya. Several riders on Friday enjoyed the Meat & 3 Veg lunch plate for $7.99. My Gambino Melt was a 7oz elongated burger w/grilled onions & Swiss served on fried Gambino toast with seasoned “JoJo potatoes” for $6.99 {a yummy hamburger sub}! Also available are Omelets, salads, catfish, 12” pizzas or a dozen wings, plus desserts.

outside-chefs.jpg

Friday's Recon Team on 26 Mar nearest the photographer!
    Inside-Chefs.jpg

The HSV crewe will meet for breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe at 3210 Governor’s Dr SW before 0800 (as per usual). We’ll depart ~0900 for the Murphy Gas station (behind the Verizon store at the Walmart) on Redstone Road at 11602 South Parkway arriving 0915. Non-Ethanol High-test Gas may be available. We’ll depart southward on US-231 around 0930 sticking mostly to backroads: Rt 36, Old US-31, CR-1101, CR-41, & Rt 278 to CR-63 for lunch. Everyone can return home via any chosen route; P&K plan to make a few random BMWMOA CoddiWomple photo stops regarding the summer’s national scavenger hunt…

An RSVP before April 10th would be appreciated!
    Be Safe & Have Fun, after all, it's Spring now!
    Ciao! Phil & Karen

president@bmwmoal.org

Did you visit the jail?
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

What time do you plan to meet at Troy's?

Comment

Originally posted by jdubeemer View Post
        Did you visit the jail?
        Not Yet, JD!

You can give us the Full Monty Tour come April 10th!
        Cheers, P&K

Comment

Have you checked the weather?
          Jim Dubick
          2010 R1200RT
          BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Projected weather on Saturday is 40/60 it seems.

Phil and Karen will ride our newer Beemers on Saturday; y'all are free to Ride, Drive, or stay home.
            We've often ridden in inclement weather, both domestically and internationally. We'll pull over if the lightning gets too close - that's what riders do (when necessary)...

Here's my planned Route from HSV.
            We're proceeding with our Ride-to-Eat plans for Houston, AL as of Friday @1030.
            Ciao Y'all!
            Phil & Karen

AL-WP-Rides-2-Eat.GPX

Comment

If the weather looks good @ 8:45/9:00am, I plan on (finally) seeing ya'll @ Chef Troy's
              JGoertz
              2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
              2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

Phil,
                What is the ETA for chef Troys? Let me know. Hope to see you there. Paul
                Gail & Paul
                F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
                IBA #23343 & 23344
                "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Comment

Shooting for 1110-1115ish.
                  Like Bama-Bucks, try to get situated before a surge at noon.
                  Hope to see you guys on Sat...
                  P&K

Comment

Rain has stopped me. Ya'll have a good time! Maybe next month.
                    JGoertz
                    2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

I really enjoyed the 2nd Saturday ride and lunch at Chef Troy’s. I saw some friends I haven’t seen for a while which is always good. The ride up and back was great. Well, except for getting through Bham. A good day all around. Thx to HSV-Phil for his planning efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaBiker View Post
                        Rain has stopped me. Ya'll have a good time! Maybe next month.
                        Well Jack it was good to see that the rain didn't stop you and I was very close to giving up myself but glad I came and it was really good to see everyone. Thank you Phil for putting the ride together. Hope the next RTE doesn't have weather issues. See y'all there!!
                        Jim Dubick
                        2010 R1200RT
                        BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Appreciate those AlaBeemers (and guests) who made the effort to attend the Second 2nd Saturday R-2-E!

The day started out a bit drizzly, but it improved Greatly throughout the day! Hope all who attended enjoyed their Lunch, and their Ride to get to Chef Troy's and their chosen routes home! Also hope our newlywed chums from Madison are still 'chummy' and on speaking terms after a bit of a Get-Off along the very slippery Bankhead Forest service road...

We were blessed to have a dozen attendees today: Y'all mostly know each other, but here's the list of riders/driver!
                          Phil A. & Karen A.
                          Derek S & Katherine S.
                          Paul T. & Gail T.
                          Jim D.
                          Jack G.
                          Jerryl H.
                          David H.
                          Ron S.
                          Jeanne Z
                          !

I will research and ADVertise the May 8th, Third 2nd Saturday Ride soon. Got several suggestions for LUNCH at lunch!

Here's the entire gaggle of attendees inside Chef Troy's during lunch.
                          Attendees.jpg

Here's the gaggle of bikes & riders outside after lunch.
                          Note that there were 3 MOA CoddiWomple participants with numbers displayed:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...iwomple!/page4

Outdoors.jpg

Here's the best MOAL club secretary Ever visiting the old log Jail.
                          Log-Jail.jpg

Here's the HSV BoD contingent at a Randomly discovered MOA Coddiwomple stop (a marked Crash Site) along the Hwy 157 north to HSV...
                          Crash-Site.jpg

Let's break bread together again real soon...
                          CIAO!
                          Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
                          '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
                          - - - - - - + '16 R1200RS
                          Last edited by HSV-Phil; 04-10-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdubeemer View Post
                            Well Jack it was good to see that the rain didn't stop you and I was very close to giving up myself but glad I came and it was really good to see everyone. Thank you Phil for putting the ride together. Hope the next RTE doesn't have weather issues. See y'all there!!
                            The rain miraculously stopped @ 9:00am! That gave me a clear shot (on some damp roads) to Chef Troy's in Houston. Since I don't get the opportunity to join ya'll too often, it's sweet when the weather and the routes all work out. It was great to see ya'll, and to meet some new folks!
                            JGoertz
                            2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

Thanks, Phil & Karen, for putting this RTE together. Great fun, good food, and a good road to/from Houston.
                              JGoertz
                              2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

Working...
                              X