Ride Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Calendar

Here is the Ride Calendar I've come up with for the remainder of the year. As you will notice, there are several openings for ride leaders, especially TO the meetings. Also, if someone has a ride he/she would like to lead, let me know and we can get it on the schedule.

Don't hesitate to step up to lead or plan a ride. Long or short. Fast or slow. That's what we are about. I need you to help me fill the calendar with rides. Thanks.

Lenn
    Travel Director

Click to open the file I think.
    Attached Files
    BMW K1200 GT
    BMW K1200 RS - Sport tourer
    KAW KLX 250 - Dual sport
    KAW ZX6R - Track Bike

Lenn,
    I think Bob is going to have a hard time getting to Huntland, TX on the 26th. I think that is TN.
    Gary
    Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Comment

Doh! How did that get there? Thanks Gary.
      BMW K1200 GT
      KAW KLX 250 - Dual sport
      KAW ZX6R - Track Bike

Comment

Lenn.

Huntland Texas is a nice little town in a great state, but we are not going there. We are not going to Huntland, Tennessee either. For details about the Guntersville ride, please refer to the ABEE'S News You Can Use article in this month's newsletter. Ride information is also available on our website www.BMWMOAL.org, Favorite Rdes. It is available as a GPS file for downloading to your GPS.

A few months ago, I mentioned to Gary that I had tentatively worked up an Alabama Wine Tour Ride to see if he wanted to offer it to the club. Is that the ride to which you refer as a November Ride? If so, I have given it more thought and concluded that it may not be such a good idea to go to six of seven wineries, tasting their wines, on a club sponsored motorcycle ride.
        Last edited by R90srider; 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM.
        Bob Steber
        1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
        1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
        1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Bob,
          I posted the calendar before I got my newsletter. However, in checking the newsletter you don't state where your ride is going. I had heard AL 65 and up to Huntland so that's why I put that. Let me know where your ride is going so I can correct the calendar.

Also, I think the winery tour would be fun but I do concur that it may not be good for a club ride.

I left you a phone message to call me to discuss ride planning so call me when you get a chance.

Thanks,
          Lenn
          BMW K1200 GT
          KAW KLX 250 - Dual sport
          KAW ZX6R - Track Bike

Comment

Lenn.

There is too much detail to spell out. Use what I said in the newsletter and on our website.

When I iron out the details, I am going to add the Winery Tour to the ABEES Favorite rides for folks to go on self guided tours. I plan to go do the ride some time early this Fall when the weather is cooler and before the days get short. It won't be an easy ride to complete in a day, but will be a good challenge.

I will check my phone messages and give you a call later.
            Bob Steber
            1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
            1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
            1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

I'm going to be at my house in Eufaula at the end of the month. Are there going to be any rides around the state that Sunday?
              Greg and Melanie
              06 K1200LT
              05 VStrom 1000
              02 VStrom 1000 (in Germany)

2WANDRRs.com
              BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, IBA, MTF, AMA

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDE

Comment

I haven't had a chance to plan any rides this month. And I will try not to schedule any rides on our monthly meeting dates, which is usually the last weekend of the month.

We have a lot of members in the southern part of the state and just need someone to set a time and place to ride somewhere. Can you do that for August or September? (Not to put you on the spot or anything?)

Thanks,
                Lenn
                BMW K1200 GT
                KAW KLX 250 - Dual sport
                KAW ZX6R - Track Bike

Comment

Working...
                X