TWoSuches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWoSuches

Suz and I spent the past week in NC and North GA. The weather was spectacular. It was warm in the daytime but nice cool nights and the two nights in Suches it got down in the 60s. The ride with Bob and Bruce on Saturday was a blast and Wolf Pen Gap (180) was newly paved and amazingly smooth. Suz and I camped in our RV at Skeenah Creek RV park 15 miles north of Suches on HY 60. It was nice and shady with full hookups and plenty of room for pull through so we didn't have to drop the trailer with bike attached. We will park there again next time for sure. The camp host was a real character made us feel really at home. Even supplied us with fresh tomatoes from his garden.
    Dinner Friday night (Brisket) and Saturday night at TWO was really good. The place was full Friday night with local folks but the kitchen kept up just fine. There were about 13 of us faithful there Saturday night. It's so hot and dry here at home I feel like going right back.
    Suz will have a bunch of pictures to share sometime soon to make you wish you were there.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

thanks for the report Jim, I am glad the faithful turned out. So many of us have been on the "hot" road for the most of July and frankly, I just could not make it with all that had backed up while I was gone. That is always a great place and I am sure those there had a great time. Now I am looking forward to the end of the month and those cool NC temps!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Hi guys,

I too just got back from a week in north GA, eastern TN and western NC. I put 800 miles on my RS working the twisties for 4 days on roads such as HY 60, 294, 68, 360, 129, 348, 64, and 180. My staging area was Vogel State Park. A 15 min. rain shower one day made the weather real (cool). This is the perfect place to round off the tires and hone your riding skills.
      Geoff Bull
      '94 R1100RS
      '13 F800GT
      BMWRA, BMWMOA

Comment

Working...
      X