Not So Sloppy Floyd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not So Sloppy Floyd!

Thanks to everybody who attended the club meeting this weekend at Sloppy Floyd Park in Summerville, GA. Once again this was an awesome meeting organized and managed by Bob Steber. We had a great turnout and a good ride on Saturday complete with a picknick at Mom an Nem's farm outside Lafayette. It was hot but it was a great time! And it didn't even rain! I hope everyone made it home OK and I look forward to seeing a bunch of folks at Cruso! http://vanmar.smugmug.com/gallery/3052169#166167995
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Made it home and we got a good shower for about an hour this afternoon. That made it a really good weekend.
    Bill
    72 Honda CT90 (Orange Crush)

Comment

Same here Bill; This is the second time we have had any rain at our house in two months so I just went out and stood in it.

I had a wonderful time at Sloppy Floyd visiting with very good friends. Thanks to all that were there.
      Jamie
      02 K1200lt
      82 R100RT

Comment

http://picasaweb.google.com/R1200Phi...lubMeetingRide

The above link is to a few pictures I took this past weekend. Great time,Good food,Good friends & Good ride. BOB, you done good!
        Phillip Warren
        2011 R1200RT
        2013 F800GS

Comment

As usual Phillip, good photos. Thanks for posting.

For more pics click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bikebum4...ateParkMeeting
          Last edited by Bikebum; 06-25-2007, 11:49 AM.
          Jamie
          02 K1200lt
          82 R100RT

Comment

We had a great ride back, too! I TOOK a shower when I got home, but no rain . It's always good to see everyone, and a big thanks to Bob Steber for hosting a wonderful club meeting.
            Gail & Paul
            F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
            IBA #23343 & 23344
            "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Comment

Vance,
              Did you only take one picture?

SHARE THE REST.
              And how can we/I save photos from Smugmug?

EVERYONE,
              Whomever took pictures this weekend, send them to me to save for the end of the year DVD choices.
              THANKS
              connie
              Connie
              http://www.freewebs.com/bamabmw/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by bamabmw View Post
                Vance,
                Did you only take one picture?

SHARE THE REST.
                And how can we/I save photos from Smugmug?

EVERYONE,
                Whomever took pictures this weekend, send them to me to save for the end of the year DVD choices.
                THANKS
                connie
                no, I got a few more and I will post them. I thought I was attaching that one as a thumbnail but as you can tell, I am ...shall we say "challenged" with how to do it! I'll post the others in a bit.....Good Job Phillip & Jamie!

OK Bill or Jamie...tell me how to do it...
                Last edited by Vance; 06-25-2007, 03:36 PM.
                Current Bikes
                '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
                '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Comment

I am sittiing here at my desk, with tears running down my cheeks from laughing at these pictures! Man, I love you guys!
                  Gail & Paul
                  F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
                  IBA #23343 & 23344
                  "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Comment

Gail,
                    Does one of your Kermit chairs say Bedgood on the bottom of it?
                    Bill
                    72 Honda CT90 (Orange Crush)

Comment

Great photos guys. They brought back good memories of a great time.

Bob
                      Bob Steber
                      1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
                      1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
                      1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

I really enjoyed my first (but not last) meeting. I had a geat time riding and meeting a great bunch of riders. I may even try camping one of these days. Here are a few of the pictures I took.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwmoal/LittleRiverFalls

Steve
                        Steve Schuckman
                        2002 K1200RS Ice Blue/Marrakesh
                        2015 Mercedes SLK350

Comment

OK..got 'em uploaded! Here are my pictures from the weekend! Thanks again everybody...wow that was a good time!
                          http://vanmar.smugmug.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=3052169
                          Current Bikes
                          '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
                          '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS View Post
                            I really enjoyed my first (but not last) meeting. I had a geat time riding and meeting a great bunch of riders. I may even try camping one of these days. Here are a few of the pictures I took.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwmoal/LittleRiverFalls

Steve
                            Great to have you join us Steve! I told you we have fun....
                            Current Bikes
                            '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
                            '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

Comment

Thanks for the photos Steve.

I really enjoyed riding with you too and look forward to our next trip. Please plan to make next month's meeting at Blueridge Campground. Several of us from the Birmingham area are going there via the Cherahala Skyway so if you care to join us, let me know and we can arrange a time and place to meet.

I believe that you will be hooked on camping with us once you try it, especially at Blueridge Motorcycle Campground. It's by far my favorite place to camp.

All you need is the basics to get started:

A good tent, I recommend the Kelty Gunnison 2 (Lots of other good choices)

A Therma Rest "camp rest le" pad (No substitute)

A good quality sleeping bag. My favorite is a Woods Canada -20 or -10 degrees rectangle. (Lots of other good choices)

Helen Two Wheels packing system with at least the large top loading bag and tie-downs. I like the xl size, but I tend to fill it up and take too much.

A good pair of shower/knock around shoes. Many folks have the Crocks (sp) and I am going to get a pair before going to Cruso.

If you do go with us, be sure to take some warm cloths and a Polar tech jacket or equivalent. It gets cold at nights in the mountains.

You will probably get several other recommendations too.

Hope to see you next month.

Bob
                              Bob Steber
                              1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
                              1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
                              1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Working...
                              X